Do the Oilers miss the playoffs again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PULSATING

Sep 20, 2018
A lot has to go right for the Oilers to make the playoffs. Minimal injuries, production beyond the 1st line, Talbot needs to bounce back in a big way. Even with all of that going right, to make it out of the Pacific they still have to be better than two of:
  1. San Jose - extremely doubtful
  2. Vegas - doubtful unless last season was a fluke
  3. Anaheim - possible, they're good but not unbeatable
  4. Los Angeles - bit of a wildcard, can never really tell how they're gonna perform year to year
  5. Calgary - seem like a good team on paper but thats been said a lot the past couple of years
2nd wildcard is also possible but it seems like the Central always has that on lock (that division is a bloodbath.)

With that being said its hard to count a team with Mcdavid out, 120-130 points isn't out of the question for him.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
If I recall right, two years ago people were predicting that the Oilers will miss the playoffs. Last year they were among the favorites in predictions. Now again they are gonna miss...

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
Even though I think they miss there is a chance. Puljajarvi is the ace in the hole. McD Drai RNH are good, but adding in a legit 50 - 70 point winger would give Edmonton real depth at forward. Lucic is terrible. It's all about Puljajarvi.

Reactions: GoJetsGo55

snag

Feb 22, 2014
I think the "51 years and counting" jokes belong to those who have actually witnessed their teams win a championship. It's kind of ironic mocking another team for not winning a championship in so many years when they themselves haven't witnessed one for their own team.

I saw all 5 Oilers cups win....so what the hell....

51 years and counting :)

though on the flip side now it is 28 and counting :(

success is a cruel fickle bitch

Reactions: nobody

EdmFlyersfan

Feb 20, 2007
Edmonton
To answer OP's question, yes they will miss the playoffs again.

They lack depth in several areas. And on top of that, the West has very good teams. Their coaching is trash too

When I read the Oilers forums they seem to believe that Ty Rattie is going to solve their winger problems...and his hype is being generated through pre-season games and the local media.

CraigsList

In Conroy We Trust
Apr 22, 2014
USA
When I read the Oilers forums they seem to believe that Ty Rattie is going to solve their winger problems...and his hype is being generated through pre-season games and the local media.

Of course, they're the only team that counts preseason stats. It's hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad