Do the Oilers miss the playoffs again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bizz

2023 LTIR Loophole* Cup Champions
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Would depend on how bad Vegas regresses this year. If (when) they do, then yes they'll make it.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
View attachment 141335

If being #12 in the league made the Leafs D and G "below average" and "mediocre" I don't want to imagine what the Oilers D and G would be. Hopefully McDavid still has some passion for the game left when he comes home to TO in 7 years. God knows being on a ****ty team can suck it out of ya.

Looks like someone brought out the stats for me. Kudos

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
51 years and counting.......
I think the "51 years and counting" jokes belong to those who have actually witnessed their teams win a championship. It's kind of ironic mocking another team for not winning a championship in so many years when they themselves haven't witnessed one for their own team.

Reactions: Marner to Matthews

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
To answer OP's question, yes they will miss the playoffs again.

They lack depth in several areas. And on top of that, the West has very good teams. Their coaching is trash too

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Below average defence with mediocre goal tending, just miss or are a bubble team. Essentially they are in the same boat as Toronto with less depth
The Leafs were 11th in GA last year, and Andersen finished 4th in Vezina voting (Talbot finished 4th 2 year ago only to flop last year), Andersen has been a top goalie since coming the Leafs. Don't compare the 2 teams, there's a reason why the Leafs are cup contenders and the Oilers aren't even favourites to make the playoffs in the weakest division in hockey.

GodPucker

Sep 27, 2017
To answer OP's question, yes they will miss the playoffs again.

They lack depth in several areas. And on top of that, the West has very good teams. Their coaching is trash too

How do the Oilers have the best record combined the past two years against the West? Better than any other Western team?

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
How do the Oilers have the best record combined the past two years against the West? Better than any other Western team?

I mean, that's all fine and dandy...but it doesn't take away the fact that a lot teams in Western COnference are stacked. I simply dont think Edmonton is a top 8 team in the West.

There's also no guarantees success against a specific conference can carry over year after year. Roster's change.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Toronto fans shouldn't talk until they actually win a playoff series. Half of the guys here were prob 1 years old when that happened last lol.

Lol right cuz that has something to do with what OP is asking. So insecure lmao

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
I think the "51 years and counting" jokes belong to those who have actually witnessed their teams win a championship. It's kind of ironic mocking another team for not winning a championship in so many years when they themselves haven't witnessed one for their own team.

Oilers last won a cup in 90 , made the finals in 06 and lost in game 7 , which unfortunately the Leafs have been no where close to doing....ouch. one Doug Gilmour run to the conference finals was the highlight of the last 52 years..... hotdam !

Then try to mock the Oilers 10 year track record, when the Leafs have been utter garbage for most of it too.....lol

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
51 years and counting.

I witnessed all 7 of the Oilers Cup runs, and celebrated 5 championships. Never seen a Leaf Cup winner in my lifetime, thank god.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Oilers last won a cup in 90 , made the finals in 06 and lost in game 7 , which unfortunately the Leafs have been no where close to doing....ouch. one Doug Gilmour run to the conference finals was the highlight of the last 52 years..... hotdam !

Then try to mock the Oilers 10 year track record, when the Leafs have been utter garbage for most of it too.....lol
Difference is the Oilers are still garbage, 4 first OA picks and they still aren't favourites for a playoff spot in the weakest division in hockey, about to be 1/4 years of having McDavid and making the playoffs.

Reactions: jasonleaffan

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
The Leafs were 11th in GA last year, and Andersen finished 4th in Vezina voting (Talbot finished 4th 2 year ago only to flop last year), Andersen has been a top goalie since coming the Leafs. Don't compare the 2 teams, there's a reason why the Leafs are cup contenders and the Oilers aren't even favourites to make the playoffs in the weakest division in hockey.
One good year and this is where Leaf fans are at... same feeling was coming out of Oiler fans mouths last year. Oil gave up 9th fewest goals in 16-17, means squat this year.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Win a play-off series.
DC1D8BCC-46FE-4D66-A159-9B59EFA147E1.gif

So this is what it’s coming to now? Taking jabs at one team having one playoff series win in 10+ years compared to another team with 0 series wins in 10+ years? Alrighty then!!!!!!

Reactions: TheBigThree

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
51 years and counting.

I witnessed all 7 of the Oilers Cup runs, and celebrated 5 championships. Never seen a Leaf Cup winner in my lifetime, thank god.
John Tavares will lead the Leafs to the promised land. He will, let's hold our hands together and rejoice. Wait until the Leaf media get a hold of what toilet paper he uses to wipe his a×× with. Tavares better be ready for what's to come.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
One good year and this is where Leaf fans are at... same feeling was coming out of Oiler fans mouths last year. Oil gave up 9th fewest goals in 16-17, means squat this year.
2 years little guy, and it means squat for the Oilers because they flopped after making the playoffs 2 years ago and don't look like they'll make it this year. The Leafs built off of their playoff appearance going from 96 points to 105, the Oilers didn't even make the playoffs last year.

Reactions: TheBigThree

nobody

Aug 8, 2017
John Tavares will lead the Leafs to the promised land. He will, let's hold our hands together and rejoice. Wait until the Leaf media get a hold of what toilet paper he uses to wipe his a×× with. Tavares better be ready for what's to come.
You know you're going to go buy his toilet paper. Don't even like.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Difference is the Oilers are still garbage, 4 first OA picks and they still aren't favourites for a playoff spot in the weakest division in hockey, about to be 1/4 years of having McDavid and making the playoffs.
Weakest division? Lol what are you smoking man. You would think that a fan from the center of the universe would know his divisions. Please google ....check out the Pacific division this year.

Sugi21

Dec 7, 2016
Honestly though I think they’ll make the playoffs!!! They will be a wild card team but in a few seasons should be gunning for tops of the division!!!

PinSeeker

Really narrowed his eyyyyyyyyyesssssss
Aug 22, 2005
YLW
2 years little guy, and it means squat for the Oilers because they flopped after making the playoffs 2 years ago and don't look like they'll make it this year. The Leafs built off of their playoff appearance going from 96 points to 105, the Oilers didn't even make the playoffs last year.
I meant last year means nothing for the Leafs this year, like 2 years ago meant nothing for last years Oilers.

Anyway this isn't a Leafs thread is it? I have no issue with the apprehension about the Oil, a lot of questions to be answered yet.

BAM

Nov 21, 2016
Weakest division? Lol what are you smoking man. You would think that a fan from the center of the universe would know his divisions. Please google ....check out the Pacific division this year.

I think it's you that needs to check the divisions, the Metro has the Caps (reigning champs), Pens (former 2 time champs) and Flyers along with the Jackets and Devils while the ATL having the Bolts, Leafs, Bruins (3 of the top 6 teams in the league in 1 division and Panthers. the Central has 2 teams far better than any team in the pacific

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad