Do the Leafs catch the Bruins for 2nd and HOME ICE

Will Leafs catch Bruins

• Total voters

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I guess in fairness it is relatively new but if you pay any attention to the Raptors you'd have heard about it. And the rest of the NBA is starting to catch on.

Meh, not everyone follows the Raptors. And I believe it is a new term, at least I don't think I've heard it before. I don't care too much about the NBA (at least until the playoffs), as long as this doesn't "catch on" in the NHL, I'll be happy.

Reactions: dsred

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Mark Masters thinks Sparks and Freddy will split the last 16 games. Tells me Leafs care more about having a rested Freddy than winning home ice.

Chris Johnson just echoed the same sentiments.
I'm wondering what these guys are basing that on. Feels more likely a meteor crashes into my house than Sparks getting that many starts. I don't see much sign that Babcock intends to ride his backup that much. Maybe he gets 1 or 2 extra starts on top of whatever amount of back to back games are left.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
I'm wondering what these guys are basing that on. Feels more likely a meteor crashes into my house than Sparks getting that many starts. I don't see much sign that Babcock intends to ride his backup that much. Maybe he gets 1 or 2 extra starts on top of whatever amount of back to back games are left.

They deduced it from a quote from Babs.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Mark Masters thinks Sparks and Freddy will split the last 16 games. Tells me Leafs care more about having a rested Freddy than winning home ice.

Chris Johnson just echoed the same sentiments.

are they new?

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Meh, not everyone follows the Raptors. And I believe it is a new term, at least I don't think I've heard it before. I don't care too much about the NBA (at least until the playoffs), as long as this doesn't "catch on" in the NHL, I'll be happy.

Oh it's coming. Give it time. The amount of data that's out there.

What are the numbers of player X in back to back games with travel? Or in the games after playing 3 in 4 days or after playing 4 in 6. Remember last year after the California trip they played in St.Louis on the way home and got slaughtered? If a couple people took the 3rd game in California off.... Maybe they win or at least compete. I think they played Col/Ari/LV 3 in 4 nights in that trip too.

If significant trends emerge that show dips in production It's going to happen.

Who was the first person to figure out goalies shouldn't play back to backs

Remember when goalies were expected to play 75 games? No one gave a bleep who the backup was. How much does this board argue about Sparks vs McBackup.

If you're of a certain age remember when the concept of a Bullpen in baseball didn't exist?

Now look at it, 6 innings from a starting pitcher is a good start..... The stats people all figured out that the 3rd time through the order the performance of a pitcher dropped significantly.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
hot take

Leafs finish 3rd in the division; lose the first 3 games; leafs nation loses their collective minds; leafs come back to win the series in 7 games; team has a renewed self belief that cannot be matched and they go on to win the cup

marleau gets his cup; and then happily goes on robidas island

leafs sign kappy, johnsson and marner and a solid D-man and set themselves up for another great run

:crossfing

Reactions: Blanche Blanche

the squared circle

Aug 3, 2005
Maple Leaf Gardens
hot take

Leafs finish 3rd in the division; lose the first 3 games; leafs nation loses their collective minds; leafs come back to win the series in 7 games; team has a renewed self belief that cannot be matched and they go on to win the cup

leafs sign kappy, johnsson and marner and a solid D-man and set themselves up for another great run

Sing it with me ...... DREEEAMER! Youre nothing but a dreeeamer!....(Supertramp) :)

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
hot take

Only way for Marleau to go to the island is on another team because 35+ contracts are not islandable.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I guess in fairness it is relatively new but if you pay any attention to the Raptors you'd have heard about it. And the rest of the NBA is starting to catch on.

Do these Raptors play in this NBA you speak of? :sarcasm:

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Boston is on a 17 game point streak with a lot of loser points and we're still just 3 back. If they lose two games in a row we can pass them. I think we do.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
If Boston beats FLA tonight, it's not looking good. I dunno what the statistical probability would be at this point but if doesn't look to me like we're catching them at this point. It could happen of course, but I doubt it.

great

Apr 14, 2018
Like others have said now is the time to rest Marleau, Hainsey and Anderson. It will matter more that Leafs can beat Boston regardless of their standing.

Nooodles

May 7, 2010
Geszteréd
Like others have said now is the time to rest Marleau, Hainsey and Anderson. It will matter more that Leafs can beat Boston regardless of their standing.

Babcock said a few weeks ago he doesnt believe anyone is tired come playoff time. He would never ever rest Marleau, or Brown, or Andersen.

Stubborn old prick

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Babcock said a few weeks ago he doesnt believe anyone is tired come playoff time. He would never ever rest Marleau, or Brown, or Andersen.

Stubborn old prick

during baseball season I umpire 7 days a week. Trust me By late August you are freaking dead and cannot wait until the season is over. Can't imagine how tough it is on pro athletes

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00