Speculation: Do the kings trade for a goalie?

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Things are quickly going from bad to worse for the Kings. I wonder if Quick never got fully healthy and that’s why he was so brutal.

Reactions: BHD

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Don't trade for a goalie. I think they should just throw the season away and go for a top pick like Hughes or the big Canadian guy from the territories (forgot his name but I've been impressed with him). Then get rid of Pearson, Muzzin, Martinez, Phaneuf (retain some salary) for picks and younger players. Maybe move Carter for futures as well. Do a re-tool while Kopitar, Doughty, Quick are still in their primes. Maybe they can add a good free agent with the cap space cleared. Thats my opinion.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Any interest in Vitek Vanecek? Assuming he doesn't get too many starts he can pass through AHL/NHL without needing to go through waivers again (same as Budaj). Been terrific in his last few AHL appearances. The Caps just have too much of a netminding logjam to give him a real shot in Washington. He'd ideally fit as a #3 similar to Budaj for this season, but is young enough to have long-term NHL upside.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If im the kings I chill... and get a top 5 pick.

Adding 1 of hughes, kakko, cozens, dach etc to their last couple drafts would help them a lot long term... JAD, Thomas, Vilardi, kupari etc... they would be on the right track.

Idk if they have any players they can really sell off at deadline tho.

Also they need to fire coach.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Campbell has been solid. I say we just roll with him, good or bad. Goaltending is not the reason we suck this season.

Time to give Campbell the ball and let him run with it. Not like there are (m)any available upgrades which would make sense at this juncture of the season.

I could see the Kings claim Pickard/McElhinney if they hit the waiver wire though. Starting tomorrow, the waiver order will be determined by the current standings.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad