Do the Habs need an enforcer? Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
not with the extra bonus points the habs are going to get for decisevely losing 10 fights in a row.

Wait, that's not a real thing ? live an learn

guess winning 10 fights in a row is better than 10 games :nod:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
good thing players arent as wussy as you are.

1) that's not very nice, if you are not careful you are going to hurt my feelings
2) outside of prust and tinorid, how do you know its true ?

What we need to do is model ourselves after the wings, go from 40 fights last year to zero this year ( or as close as possible to zero). And if we have to fight, I want real honest to goodness mismatches where the hab player gets beagled or worse to serve as negative reinforcement for that particualr rapscallion and to serve as a cautionary tale for the boys on the bench to get them to properly adjust their tails between their legs.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
guess winning 10 fights in a row is better than 10 games :nod:

we can do both, win 10 games and lose 10 fights. we actually have more control over the latter but there are lots of real heavyweights that we can send out out talent to goad.

its a shame john scott was shipped out west, I was sooo looking forward to a scott/DD tilt.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
1) that's not very nice, if you are not careful you are going to hurt my feelings

What we need to do is model ourselves after the wings, go from 40 fights last year to zero this year ( or as close as possible to zero). And if we have to fight, I want real honest to goodness mismatches where the hab player gets beagled or worse to serve as negative reinforcement for that particualr rapscallion and to serve as a cautionary tale for the boys on the bench to get them to properly adjust their tails between their legs.

easy, youre crying about it, they're not.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
we can do both, win 10 games and lose 10 fights. we actually have more control over the latter but there are lots of real heavyweights that we can send out out talent to goad.

its a shame john scott was shipped out west, I was sooo looking forward to a scott/DD tilt.

like you care about that anyway :laugh:

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
easy, youre crying about it, they're not.

your right again, I'm sure that patches is just itching to get another chance to have a go with a guy who has 15X more fights than he does, while giving up weight.

he's the wolverine, look out chris neil, chara your next . patches is gonna knock you both on your cans!

and if neil happens to dispose of patches ( the result of a luck shot no doubt) we can send in pap to settle the score.

it is, a real win win.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
like you care about that anyway :laugh:

if you knew anything of me and my come to jesus moment ( I like to think of it as my come to pierre turgeon moment) you wouldnt be questioning my dedication to seeing the habs lose fight after fight after fight this year.

one can only hope,

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

No.....no....I think that there should be extra bonus points when running around with casts on their hands.

Character.....Subban can't build any until he's out for half a season with a broken wrist! Extra bonus points for a concussion.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
No.....no....I think that there should be extra bonus points when running around with casts on their hands.

Character.....Subban can't build any until he's out for half a season with a broken wrist! Extra bonus points for a concussion.

Again you missed the memo, outside of prust our guys can handle themselves including our best players and our fourth line killers like dale weise. They arent afraid of anyone.

And the habs always have a choice, they can either a) run and hide behind the refs, b) drop the gloves then drop to their knees and beg for mercy ala Rick Flair or c) actually fight a guy two weightclasses above and hope for the best.

Its a cornocopia of choices

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Again you missed the memo, outside of prust our guys can handle themselves including our best players and our fourth line killers like dale weise. They arent afraid of anyone.

And the habs always have a choice, they can either a) run and hide behind the refs, b) drop the gloves then drop to their knees and beg for mercy ala Rick Flair or c) actually fight a guy two weightclasses above and hope for the best.

Its a cornocopia of choices

haha! wussy crying for more toughness... what! as long as it's not a good player ? and as long as the opponent is no bigger ?

that a brave kid! :laugh:

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
sure, sure quite the reputation. here's his fight card from last year. peluso,pelech, boll, prout, stoner, smith, strachan, sesito, mclaren, jackman, crombeen,clune, rome, garbutt, bollig, glass.

oh my goodness, that's a veritable whos who of the creme de la creme of those teams upper talent.

Do you want me to go back further to find upon which fights this "reputation" is based upon ? Im not sure if all those guys combined had as many points as patches did. how far do you want me to go back ? im game

But he didn't 'fight' Pacioretty. Surely you should be comparing it to guys that Neil has taken roughing penalties against?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
But he didn't 'fight' Pacioretty. Surely you should be comparing it to guys that Neil has taken roughing penalties against?

Yeah thank god the linesmen stepped in. And i dont know how I forgot all those first line players that chis neil dropped the gloves and only got a roughing penalty against.

im sure that the linesmen will ALWAYS come to our talents rescue and that we will never ever have to see it go beyond a simple minor.

but ooooooh all those powerplays for acting like a heavy bag, sir you have my heart all a twitter at the mere thought of it, you scoundrel you.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
haha! wussy crying for more toughness... what! as long as it's not a good player ? and as long as the opponent is no bigger ?

that a brave kid! :laugh:

brave is what our forwards are forged from because they know when prust gets used up or his shoulder acts up, the rest of the team is literally on their own. If we pray real hard to the right dieties we might get to see two guys get komisawrecked. Hooray.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
brave is what our forwards are forged from because they know when prust gets used up or his shoulder acts up, the rest of the team is literally on their own. If we pray real hard to the right dieties we might get to see two guys get komisawrecked. Hooray.

god forbid a what, 6'2 / 220 forward has to throw a punch once in a while! the drama!

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
Yeah thank god the linesmen stepped in. And i dont know how I forgot all those first line players that chis neil dropped the gloves and only got a roughing penalty against.

im sure that the linesmen will ALWAYS come to our talents rescue and that we will never ever have to see it go beyond a simple minor.

but ooooooh all those powerplays for acting like a heavy bag, sir you have my heart all a twitter at the mere thought of it, you scoundrel you.

The whole thing seems to have quite unhinged you. And it's only pre-season. I'm almost ready to advocate getting an enforcer just to protect your delicate sensibilities.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah I'm sure that our best defenseman should regularly fight 4th line nobodies, that's guaranteed to end swimmingly.

I'm sure that every other team in the league would allow Chris Neil to throw fists at their team's best forward with impunity. Let's let out talent drop the gloves and go because it worked out so well this time, I mean if patches held his own this time, surely it will be the same outcome from here on out. Mabey patches will fight more than Simmons this year.

Let's just keep rolling the dice and hoping for the best with talent. I mean what could possibly go wrong?

Yes, because PK is going to regularly fight 4th liners now. It happened once, oh my god, did you call the cops again?
Wait a second...star players are being targeted? No freaking way!!!!

Here's what you have categorically ignored. Whether you have an enforcer or not in the line up brings nothing positive to the outcome of the game. Clearly you're too emotional and lose all reasoning when discussing this subject.

Can you even tell me anything about the game they played besides this tiny event?

Did you notice the work our 4th line did? How our 4th line could easily be considered a 3rd line? How they will dominate their opposition? Or do you just look at Neil trying to get a few punches in on Max and go cry in the corner?

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The whole thing seems to have quite unhinged you. And it's only pre-season. I'm almost ready to advocate getting an enforcer just to protect your delicate sensibilities.

pretty much, thinking other are pansies or pacifists (whatever that means) yet crying every time a player with decent skills has to throw a punch ;)

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Open your eyes to the possibilities.

If Subban, Price or Galchenyuk were concussed on a cheap shot play we might very well get a POWER PLAY out of said play.

Yes, because guys like Tootoo do not punch guys like Robibas when they have Barch on the bench. That just doesn't happen.
Oh wait, yea, nevermind.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Yes, because PK is going to regularly fight 4th liners now. It happened once, oh my god, did you call the cops again?
Wait a second...star players are being targeted? No freaking way!!!!

Here's what you have categorically ignored. Whether you have an enforcer or not in the line up brings nothing positive to the outcome of the game. Clearly you're too emotional and lose all reasoning when discussing this subject.

Can you even tell me anything about the game they played besides this tiny event?

Did you notice the work our 4th line did? How our 4th line could easily be considered a 3rd line? How they will dominate their opposition? Or do you just look at Neil trying to get a few punches in on Max and go cry in the corner?
You know what, im conflicted. When I saw prust go with the career ahler in a back to back game that previously faught our best defenseman, between covering my eyes and letting out girlish squeals, i couldnt help thinking, man why couldnt that be pk again?

why does prust have to be so froggy, he should focus on his fourth lie energy duties and let our guys, who can handle themselves, do just that.

my big concern is that I dont think we are soft enough, we should sit prusty or nust have him fight for himself and himself only. Mabey we can sew his gloves onto his sleeves.

but your right it was only once, im sure it was a complete anomaly and that all the other teams , fearful of a stern talking to by the refs, will be uber mindful of their ps and qs and will leave our talent guys alone. And if they dont, our talent guys will surely stand up for themselves.

because it takes some sort of intestinal fortitude to let a real light heavy take glovless jabs at our best forward and then skate away. If there was one potential criticism, i wasnt too fond of the lack of enthusiasm with which we threw up our hands, thats a skill mt better drill into them.

We dont need more jam we need more super creamy soft peanut butter players. Guys who will take punches to draw penalties across the board.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
The problem here is that to do parody successfully you have to be quite smart and witty, otherwise it just looks a bit silly.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The problem here is that to do parody successfully you have to be quite smart and witty, otherwise it just looks a bit silly.

Whose doing a parody? im serious, im tired tired of hearing how the softest team in the league "can get by with what we got". The only way we recognize HOW soft is if we get more campbell pyatts to tip our hands. We let a career light heavy poke our best forward and a career ahl er go with our best defenseman and the appologsts are already saying "that wasnt so bad"

so long as we can hide behind "well nothing bad happened this time" nothing will change. But we get to see talent like patches have to defend himself against guys like neil, my guess is we do the right thing, even if begrudgingly.

I just hope we dont get another komisawreck, because you know what, that one singular fight derailed his career.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
The only way we recognize HOW soft is if we get more campbell pyatts to tip our hands.

Were you really so emotionally scarred by a late game line brawl (started by the Habs) three and a half years ago where a fourth line non-fighter got into a scrap with a fourth line regular punchbag, one got a minor cut from an elbow pad and no lasting damage occurred?

But we get to see talent like patches have to defend himself against guys like neil

And you'll get to see that if you have an enforcer sitting on the bench. You'll just be able to clench your fists and yell "go get 'im supergoon" at your TV before nothing happens and it might make you feel a bit more manly.

Unless you have a Lucic-type player on your first line, then no-one will touch your first liners and they'll all be healthy and productive. That's why Lucic-Savard-Horton is one of the best lines in hockey now...

izzy75

Nov 22, 2010
good thing players arent as wussy as you are.

So you DO think Patch and PK should drop the gloves and defend themselves?

It's a horrible strategy, but at least you're not crying about fighting.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011
So you DO think Patch and PK should drop the gloves and defend themselves?

Pacioretty should do exactly what he did do. Didn't back down but didn't get involved in a full on fight.

Would rather PK didn't bother fighting scrubs when he could easily have just tied him up, but he didn't exactly embarrass himself.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
Enforcers don't deter dirty hits/plays and usually aren't able to play hockey well so all teams are better without them. Unfortunately, old school thought will have them kept around for a while but I don't see any true goons in the league in the not so distant future.

As long as a couple roster players can hold their own if a play necessitates a fight, then you're fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad