Do the Canucks Make the Playoffs - Place your bets and lets see!

likash

Apr 17, 2019
We'll finish 9-10 in the W just outside the last playoff spot unless we somehow win all the remaining games this month.

Reactions: FireBenning

BCNate

Apr 3, 2016
Our next 10 games are:
Sharks x2
Leafs
Coyotes
Ducks x2
Kraken x2
LA
NYI

Go 6-4 and we are 19-19-2. .500 with half season left gives us a chance. Need to win 4 of the 5 against the Kings, Sharks and Ducks though, the 4 point games will be critical.

supercanuck

Mar 2, 2016
You have to think it's slim odds they pull it off. But in this age of covid I think it's more likely to see teams crumble than usual. Sort of like when you play Mario Kart and are in last place, but you win in the home stretch because the 5 cars ahead of you all get in a pile up.

Boudreau is our Bullet Bill. He will take us from the bottom and zoom us up to the playoffs.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Our next 10 games are:
Sharks x2
Leafs
Coyotes
Ducks x2
Kraken x2
LA
NYI

Go 6-4 and we are 19-19-2. .500 with half season left gives us a chance. Need to win 4 of the 5 against the Kings, Sharks and Ducks though, the 4 point games will be critical.

I don't think that we do, even with the great turnaround with Bruce.

Today we have 30 points in 31 games played and we are still 13th in the Western conference and most of the teams we are chasing have 1-4 games in hand (the ducks have 40 points in 32 games right now).

Too many teams would have to play crappy and not pick up points in 3 points games for us to make the playoffs at this point.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
They were never as bad as their record indicated, at least I don't think so. I do think they can, but it's going to be tough. Potential dogfight between Alberta and Vancouver. And with Anaheim and Vegas in there, it's gonna be a slobberknocker.

But the Nucks have a lot of really good talent and Boudreau fits them well.

Reactions: elitepete

strattonius

Jul 4, 2011
Surrey, BC
I think they'll do it. Boudreau has been a revelation and I think this team stays dialed in most of the rest of the season.

Anaheim and Nashville have overachieved so far I'm hoping we see a drop off there.

It's a long shot but I want to remain optimistic especially after the first part of the season. And ultimately if you don't believe they can make the playoffs after this 6 game winning streak I'm not sure you're being entirely honest and probably just setting yourself up for disappointment - which is understandable as a Nucks fan.

logan5

May 24, 2011
Vancouver - Mt. Pleasant
I'm hoping this "2nd training camp" gives Pettersson the chance to do a full reboot. He's the key to the Canucks success. If he can regain his form, and become the teams best forward again, the Canucks odds of getting to a play-off spot get a lot better.

The break also gives the defence a chance to get fully healthy again.

Reactions: MarkMM

Vancouver_2010

Canucks and Oilers fan
Jun 21, 2006
Yes, we are going to barely make the playoffs, defeating Anaheim in a seventh overtime in game seven with horvat scoring the series winning goal. Then we defeat Calgary 4-0, then Edmonton 4-2, then in the final we won 4-3 10th overtime in game seven with Merchand scoring his own goal.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
giphy.gif

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
The more i think about it think we will make the playoffs. Since the team finally canned the bozo GM and his mutant coach the team plays with something different. We will see how they do tonight after the pathetic last outing where they lost in the shootout to the poorly named Los Angeles sports team.

But look at the 3 teams in the pacific playoffs spots.

-Las Vegas 11 points ahead and we have a game in hand. IMO we dont catch them AINEC
-Anahiem 7 points ahead and we have a game in hand. I think theyre pretenders coming back down to earth. Def catchable imo
-Calgary 5 points ahead but with 4 games in hand on us. Seems unlikely but their elite start is pretty middle of the pack play lately. Probably we dont catch em

In the central the 3 playoff teams are:

-Nashville 9 points ahead with same games played. Probably will take one of the central spots
-St Louis 8 points ahead with a game in hand on us. Probably will take one of the central spots
-Minny is 7 points ahead with 3 games in hand on us. Probably uncatchable but have lost 4 games in a row. Too early to tell if theyre imploding

Then the wildcard teams ahead of us:

-Edmonton 5 points ahead of us with a game in hand on us. Playing like crap since their elite start. If we play good we should catch them and i predict we do
-Colorado 3 points ahead of us with 6 games in hand on us. Elite team that imo will find their stride. I doubt we catch them, infact i think they catch Minny and the Wild would more likely be a competitve team with us for a WC spot
-SJ and LA both 2 points ahead of us with a game in hand. Definetely teams we should be ahead of and i think we will catch em both
-Winnipeg tied with us with 3 games in hand on us. Tough one to call they look like should be doing better but never really put it together. A team we will compete with
-Dallas 1 point behind of us with 4 games in hand on us. Pretty meh team imo, I think we should finish ahead of them

So put all that together and imo 5 teams competing for a WC spot: Vancity, Minny, Edmonton, Anahiem and Winnipeg. With one of Vancity, Edmonton or Anahiem taking a pacific division spot

I dont think its that tough a thing to take one of those positions. Of course Dallas, SJ, or LA could get hot and enter into that discussion, or my prediction about Anahiem Minny and/or Edmonton could be off.

Not a betting person but I say we make it

Reactions: Nucker101

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
The more i think about it think we will make the playoffs. Since the team finally canned the bozo GM and his mutant coach the team plays with something different. We will see how they do tonight after the pathetic last outing where they lost in the shootout to the poorly named Los Angeles sports team.

But look at the 3 teams in the pacific playoffs spots.

-Las Vegas 11 points ahead and we have a game in hand. IMO we dont catch them AINEC
-Anahiem 7 points ahead and we have a game in hand. I think theyre pretenders coming back down to earth. Def catchable imo
-Calgary 5 points ahead but with 4 games in hand on us. Seems unlikely but their elite start is pretty middle of the pack play lately. Probably we dont catch em

In the central the 3 playoff teams are:

-Nashville 9 points ahead with same games played. Probably will take one of the central spots
-St Louis 8 points ahead with a game in hand on us. Probably will take one of the central spots
-Minny is 7 points ahead with 3 games in hand on us. Probably uncatchable but have lost 4 games in a row. Too early to tell if theyre imploding

Then the wildcard teams ahead of us:

-Edmonton 5 points ahead of us with a game in hand on us. Playing like crap since their elite start. If we play good we should catch them and i predict we do
-Colorado 3 points ahead of us with 6 games in hand on us. Elite team that imo will find their stride. I doubt we catch them, infact i think they catch Minny and the Wild would more likely be a competitve team with us for a WC spot
-SJ and LA both 2 points ahead of us with a game in hand. Definetely teams we should be ahead of and i think we will catch em both
-Winnipeg tied with us with 3 games in hand on us. Tough one to call they look like should be doing better but never really put it together. A team we will compete with
-Dallas 1 point behind of us with 4 games in hand on us. Pretty meh team imo, I think we should finish ahead of them

So put all that together and imo 5 teams competing for a WC spot: Vancity, Minny, Edmonton, Anahiem and Winnipeg. With one of Vancity, Edmonton or Anahiem taking a pacific division spot

I dont think its that tough a thing to take one of those positions. Of course Dallas, SJ, or LA could get hot and enter into that discussion, or my prediction about Anahiem Minny and/or Edmonton could be off.

Not a betting person but I say we make it
Extravagant post imo AINEC.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Still more than half the season remaining.....and the Canucks are officially two points out of a playoff spot. Granted they've played more games than anyone else, but the gap won't be that wide by the time the Canucks take to the ice next Saturday against Ottawa.

Then they're facing a murderers row of teams in the Southeast.....if they have find a way to go .500 on that road-trip, then they have a shot at the playoffs.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I don't know, but any team that can go 8-0-1 is good enough to make the playoffs. It's a question of whether they can continue to make up enough ground.

Reactions: Catamarca Livin

Bertuzzzi44

Jun 26, 2018
Yes.

Great Coaching: Went from 3/10 coaching to 8/10 coaching, should make a profound difference.

Solid Scoring Depth: Additions of Podkolzin and Garland, and the continued progression of Hoglander, have transitioned the Canucks into a 3 line scoring team with this uptempo offence first coaching philosophy.

Improved Defensive Play: Defence looks completely different, are moving the puck up ice confidently, not sitting on their heels fumbling the puck, Myers and Schenn look like completely different players.

Excellent Goaltending: Demko is the X-factor. Looks like a top 10 goaltender in the NHL!

Pacific Division: Besides the Golden Nights a lot of the teams ahead of the Canucks are relatively weak.

If the Canucks can stay healthy, they will make the playoffs.

Last edited:

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Yes.

Great Coaching: Went from 3/10 coaching to 8/10 coaching, should make a profound difference.

Solid Scoring Depth: Additions of Podkolzin and Garland, and the continued progression of Hoglander, have transitioned the Canucks into a 3 line scoring team with this uptempo offence first coaching philosophy.

Improved Defensive Play: Defence looks completely different, are moving the puck up ice confidently, not sitting on their heels fumbling the puck, Myers and Schenn look like completely different players.

Excellent Goaltending: Demko is the X-factor. Looks like a top 10 goaltender in the NHL!

Pacific Division: Besides the Golden Nights a lot of the teams ahead of the Canucks are relatively weak.

If the Canucks can stay healthy, they will make the playoffs.

Being a little generous with our 3/10 huh. Green is almost a negative imo.

Reactions: Bertuzzzi44

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $265.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Norway vs Denmark
    Norway vs Denmark
    Wagers: 2