Do the Canucks Make the Playoffs - Place your bets and lets see!

FireBenning

Nov 28, 2021
I am betting they do.

They will sneak in to the post season, and surprise. I will not say they will win the cup, because I do think they need some improvements on the back end, or improvements from within.

However, as a long time Nucks fan I have seen one thing repeatedly in the years they went to the cup (other than 2011):

A) they squeaked into the playoffs
B) they found momentum from their goalies
C) they were underdogs with no one having expectations of them

Granted these are different teams but that situation can create real momentum for a team because they will have been playoff hockey for months, no one expects them to even make it, let alone, do anything if they do. They will be taken lightly.

D) Bruce there it is! has never won a cup, its been his knock. One of the greatest NHL coaches in regular season history. The Canucks have never won a cup. Does the curse of both break this year? hmmm

hellstick

Nov 2, 2006
Abbotsford
Odds aren't on our side, so I'll take those odds. It's fun cheering this team on again, but playoffs are unlikely unfortunately.

Hyzer

Jimbo is fired - the good guys won
Aug 10, 2012
Vancouver
We are a long term defender injury away from the lottery imo.

no we will not make the playoffs

AppleHoneySauce

Apr 26, 2021
Voting no. We have bought some loses going by my extremely rudimentary 40-20 record from about 8 games. I still however have a hard time believing.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I'm still going to say no, to save myself disappointment because the road ahead is grueling. But, I'd be fine with watching exciting hockey with lots of wins and continue this path of letting the youngens develop into more well-rounded players.

Reactions: FireBenning

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
This thread could really use the consulting services of pollmaster mtb.

Jyrki21

2021-12-05
Sponsor
They will make it closer than anyone would have imagined possible a couple of weeks ago, but I would still say no. The current patch of games was identified as a soft part of the schedule in advance, so you have to temper your reaction to it a bit (again, especially with two of the 'wins' being tie games), and their depth is really going to be tested now.

Both Alberta teams were overachieving early, and the Canucks were underachieving, so a bit of regression was expected. In reality they are all kind of on-the-bubble teams for various reasons. While improvement from both Vegas and Seattle is likely in the cards, although I'm not quite too sure what to make of the California trio.

It's definitely good for the team to get its mojo back going forward, but I don't want them to make short-sighted decisions and miss some opportunities to build themselves further because they think they're on the right track. I hope Rutherford follows up on what he has said so far, because it would be very easy to take a wrong turn here in the excitement of the moment.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
I say no.

however this is legit the most fun I have had watching the Canucks since 2014 with coach willie, when I thought we might still be a team run decently. Yes more than bubble hockey.

I love seeing how happy the guys are it’s so infectious and the chants of Bruce there it is after each goal. It’s a true breath of fresh air.

upload_2021-12-15_8-44-50.gif

This gif seems so perfect given what we know from Aqua…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad