Do the Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs?

Do the Buffalo Sabres make the playoffs?

• Total voters

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
at one point Buffalo had won 10 in a row and this question would have been seen as ridiculous.

but since that streak ended they have list A LOT and now find themselves just 1 point ahead of Montreal,

So question is do they make it?

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Only one of them and Montreal will make it. Which one? Flip a coin for me at this point

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Personally I think it all depends on Jackie boy, if his injury is a long term injury I think they are done, if he's back quick they have a fighting chance but they CANNOT lose 3,,4,5 in a row again

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Nope they're fraudulent and won a ton of close games during a big win streak.

Bad underlying numbers, no depth after top line, not much depth on the blue line.

Don't see it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Close, but no. If they can resign Skinner then next year could be a good bet.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

Bad underlying numbers, no depth after top line, not much depth on the blue line.

Don't see it.

They’ve lost a lot of close games too...don’t get this reasoning

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
Montreal is a better team then them.

Would be funny to see them miss after their fans going on and on about how much better than Toronto they are lmao.

CowbellConray

Sep 8, 2010

Would be funny to see them miss after their fans going on and on about how much better than Toronto they are lmao.
The sabres are 2-0 against montreal this year...

And I don't think you would see one legitimate sabres poster say we are better than the leafs right now. Maybe in the future but not this season

MackAttack26

Jan 10, 2015
Ontario

Don't see it.

This one isn't the issue. But the other one is for sure. We are pretty deep on D for once.

Lack of secondary scoring is going to lead to a 9th place finish in the east quite likely though. :ha:

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Personally I think it all depends on Jackie boy, if his injury is a long term injury I think they are done, if he's back quick they have a fighting chance but they CANNOT lose 3,,4,5 in a row again

I voted no but you are right it all depends on Eeichel.

Even a tiny bump in secondary scoring would help them a ton.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

Don't see it.

Exactly. I remember some of us saying all of this back when they were bragging about their big win streak and we were met with boisterous laughter. Not so funny now, is it?

The Sabres are not a good team. One little 10 game winning streak doesn't change that. They have no depth and no good Goalies. And now, they are falling back down to earth, as predicted.

They will miss the playoffs.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Exactly. I remember some of us saying all of this back when they were bragging about their big win streak and we were met with boisterous laughter. Not so funny now, is it?

The Sabres are not a good team. One little 10 game winning streak doesn't change that. They have no depth and no good Goalies. And now, they are falling back down to earth, as predicted.

I remember posters saying that in the win streak thread, and they were met mostly with buffalo fans saying we know the team isn't that good and the ride was fun while it lasted.

Obviously they cant win every game, and a lot of those games were 1 goal come from behind wins. They however are good enough to make the playoffs, which is what most buffalo fans expected.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
I see Buffalo making it, but I don't expect a deep run inside the playoffs.

Royal Thunder

Frolunda Mode
Feb 21, 2012

Literally no one thinks we are better than The Leafs right now. But we have hope that we will be in 3 years.

Snippit

Dec 5, 2012

It's funny cause what most of us posted was "this isn't going to last but we're enjoying it"

This is what certain Leaf fans have always done. Take the opinions of a select few and act like everyone was saying it, even in a thread full of people saying the opposite.

Reactions: dukeofjive

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
It's funny cause what most of us posted was "this isn't going to last but we're enjoying it"

This is what certain Leaf fans have always done. Take the opinions of a select few and act like everyone was saying it, even in a thread full of people saying the opposite.

Hmmmm this sounds very familiar....

Voted yes, Tampa, Toronto, Boston, Buffalo, Montreal from the Atlantic, and Washington, Pittsburgh, and Columbus from the Metro.

Reactions: razkaz

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

LOL. Way to generalize all Leaf fans.........by saying that all Leaf fans generalize everyone else. Makes sense. Nevermind the ones who offered congrats for the 10 game win streak(like me, who happens to actually like the Buffalo Sabres lineup...). ;)

I know not all Sabre's fans were scoffing at the suggestions of a "return to earth". But some certainly were.

Reactions: razkaz

Howie Hodge

Zombie Woof
Sep 16, 2017
Buffalo, NY

Really, which fans said this? I didn't see any Buffalo fans saying this.

The ones I read posts from were cautiously optimistic, but knew there were no guarantees. They also acknowledged Tampa and Toronto were the two top teams in the division.

Please let us know who said this above, so we can set them straight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad