Former Bruins Dmitry Orlov

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
Question for the Caps fans reading this thread, or the Bruins fans that paid more attention to Orlov than I did:

Has Orlov always been the smiley type? I feel like the guy is grinning from ear to ear every time he's out on the ice. After the Pasta empty netter, all the Bruins on the ice had their ho-hum face because of the score but there was Orlov, who looked like he just heard the best joke ever. Love his candor!
Yes

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He's a hybrid of Charlie and Lindy, he's a little of both of these guys in one player
Yah this is pretty solid assessment

I think he gets offered 6 at Lindhom Money

He was asking for 7 from Washington they offer 3-4 years

Donny could offer 5 but think he settles on six

Reilly & Forbort will be gone next summer or end of season - Clifton will get his Kuraly deal & Gryzelcyk not sure

But they will try to keep Orlov

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Yah this is pretty solid assessment

I think he gets offered 6 at Lindhom Money

He was asking for 7 from Washington they offer 3-4 years

Donny could offer 5 but think he settles on six

Reilly & Forbort will be gone next summer or end of season - Clifton will get his Kuraly deal & Gryzelcyk not sure

But they will try to keep Orlov
Same agent as Sergachev and Provorov.

Reactions: Kegs

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
He can’t keep this up and if he does, he’ll price himself off this team. Going to be a brutal offseason as they can’t keep everyone. I’ll enjoy it now and not think about Sweeney’s work load this off season.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Same agent as Sergachev and Provorov.
Washington offered 3 or 4 he asked for 7

Bruins can take a shot and offer 5 msybe go 6

In 16 months - Reilly Forbort Clifton Grzelcyk up

My target is Hanifin - only 26 a month ago and UFA next summer

Orlov at 5/30 could do it….6/39 absolutely

No one can give him 8 years

Also if Hall has any type of tear that requires off season surgery it’s a month of strengthening that area and 6 months rehab

He’d be LTIR a big chunk of season

Me ?

I am interested in Orlov 4-6 years if not Hanifin who is the apple of my eye

Orrlov is my SIM player so I watch him as much as a Bruins when he was with Caps

Legit good and tough - he’s got 4-5 years left to me

Live for today Donny. Live for today

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Knew you'd like him guys, he's a player who can do everything. I was really sad to lose both Orlv and Hathaway, I think we basically got 'termed' out of negotiations so the GM got whatever he could for players he didn't anticipate being here next season

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Knew you'd like him guys, he's a player who can do everything. I was really sad to lose both Orlv and Hathaway, I think we basically got 'termed' out of negotiations so the GM got whatever he could for players he didn't anticipate being here next season
He fits perfectly with Monty's 'system' it seems. Strange trade though. Sweeney loves his Metro team trades.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
True, he'll be 32 y/o this summer so the end of a 6 year contract would be pretty much 38.

Guy is on a completely unsustainable pace. Granted he should get more PP time with Boston than he did with the Caps, so his production will get a slight to moderate bump.

Their center core day of reckoning is coming no later than 2024-25 and with how difficult it is getting a true #1 center in FA, the B's will have to go an elite G\D\W oriented team. Who knows maybe Boston discovers the best way to win in the NHL is going forward is with elite G, D and W

Obviously want him back as a Big 3 of 73,27,81 would give Boston their most well rounded top 3 D I have seen since 1968-69. The 1968-69 Bruins had Orr as Norris winner and Green 2nd team All Star that year. Then you could take your pick of Awrey or D Smith for #3. Simply because of Orr and Green's career season, gotta go with that top 3.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019

Twice he has broken up plays at or just inside the Boston blue line that transitioned
into immediate goals. Once defending against I believe McDavid. Then he pinched in the offensive zone to keep the play alive which resulted in another immediate goal
by Nosek, though Hathaway made the most difficult play on the goal.

The guy clearly trusts his instincts and has the skill to get results from them.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
What a beast. With less than 2 mins/goalie pulled. RW player tried to shield the puck along the boards. Orlov .. didn't allow it and trucked him forward. Love the physicality by the 5'11 truck.

Reactions: The Hockey Tonk Man

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad