Former Bruins Dmitry Orlov

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I like this move so much more than Gavrikov. Great depth and didn't totally break the bank considering they took back salary and added a quality 4th liner.

Great, great point.

Even if the actual asking price was 3/4 of the rumored asking price for Gavrikov, this is a better deal.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I love Orlov and thought he was the Caps top all-around Dman on their Cup winner.
This is correct. Orlov has been their anchor and their best all-around defenseman for years. He's been the LD on their shutdown pair for a long time, first with Niskanen and now with Jensen. He's been hurt this year and the Caps have driven him into the ground with Carlson's injury so his defense has been slipped a bit but he's still elite in transition, still a great skater, has a cannon of a shot, and is probably the best open ice hitter in the game. You won't be disappointed.

As for the LD/RD flexibility, he hasn't played RD since 2012 or 2013. He entered the league as a RD but he's been playing on the left side for probably close to a decade at this point.

Be good to him. We will miss him a lot.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
This is correct. Orlov has been their anchor and their best all-around defenseman for years. He's been the LD on their shutdown pair for a long time, first with Niskanen and now with Jensen. He's been hurt this year and the Caps have driven him into the ground with Carlson's injury so his defense has been slipped a bit but he's still elite in transition, still a great skater, has a cannon of a shot, and is probably the best open ice hitter in the game. You won't be disappointed.

As for the LD/RD flexibility, he hasn't played RD since 2012 or 2013. He entered the league as a RD but he's been playing on the left side for probably close to a decade at this point.

Be good to him. We will miss him a lot.
Thanks for the post. We're really excited to have him.

Our top-4 defensemen are absolutely suffocating. We got A LOT better today.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I know orlovs game a lot better than gavrikovs so i feel a lot better with this than what i thought it would be. Orlov is (or was, not sure how hes been the last couple) a really good dman. All situations, good offensive skill, physical, good skater. I always liked this dude. Good player, should be a good fit on the left for mcavoy, allows lindholm to form a shutdown with carlo

Reactions: HustleB

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
According to Caps fans Orlov was looking for 6 years on his next deal, Caps mgmt looking for closer to 3.

Not sure how thats gonna work for the Bruins if they talk extension. Wouldn't want to go more than 4 but if hes looking for 6 that means a much higher AAV to convince him to go 4 years.

Will be interesting to see what happens.

Reactions: dangermike

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
According to Caps fans Orlov was looking for 6 years on his next deal, Caps mgmt looking for closer to 3.

Not sure how thats gonna work for the Bruins if they talk extension. Wouldn't want to go more than 4 but if hes looking for 6 that means a much higher AAV to convince him to go 4 years.

Will be interesting to see what happens.
I think Santa Sweeney does it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad