Former Bruins Dmitry Orlov

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
Be amazing to get either. Don't see how now.

You'd need to lose Gryz, Forbort, and maybe Swayman too?

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
You aren't saving thaaaaat much on Freddy's deal, and Carlo is arguably one of your better cap hits given how much term is left. Don't think that's the route.

Depends what they would sign for.

No doubt other cap moves would have to be made.

But Brandon Carlo isn't even in the same class of D-man as Orlov. As hockey players go, I don't find them even close. I'll take Orlov at say 6 million a year any day of the week over Carlo at 4.5

Trent Frederic is getting a decent raise and he just finished his 2-year bridge. I really have no idea what Bertuzzi would take to re-sign.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He frightened me a bit with some of high risk decision making at the end of the regular season but he’s been on point for the vast majority of this series. The most PRECISE passer we have on the back end.

s3antana5757

Feb 15, 2014
hes making over 5.1 now.

your original inluded a 5x 5 offer. That in fact is a paycut.

he wont sign for same.

I agree. The only way he stays is IF he takes a paycut, even if it means giving him an extra year. For now, I’m going to enjoy watching him

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Orlov has proven to be more of an asset than expected, especially in helping create offense. He made an alert feed to Jake DeBrusk on the 2-0 goal and has a 0-5–5 line in the four playoff games, only 2 points behind team leader Hall (4-3–7).

“He’s been outstanding,” said McAvoy, reflecting on what Orlov’s meant to the blue line six-pack. “Since the first moment we got him he’s been big, and I think the offensive side has been what’s surprising to me.

“He makes exceptional plays out there, not only in transition, breaking pucks out in the offensive zone too–and we’re all seeing it.”

Orlov, remember, came with a championship pedigree, having been with the Capitals for their 2018 Cup title.

“He’s someone who’s won before and when you bring someone in who’s won the value is hard to explain,” noted McAvoy. “He knows what it takes and he’s raised his game and we’re all better for it.”

By Montgomery’s eye, the Big Three “have dug in — they’ve led us.”

“They have the ability to control the game,” he added. “Especially when we have them split up like that. One of them is on the ice all game long, which is extremely comforting.”

Orlov, with traces of the legendary Ray Bourque in his game, arrived with a “swagger and confidence,” noted Montgomery, that was lacking before his arrival.

“And then the compete,” said an admiring Montgomery, “I mean, like, he digs in.”

aguineapig

Orlov, with traces of the legendary Ray Bourque in his game, arrived with a “swagger and confidence,” noted Montgomery, that was lacking before his arrival.

“And then the compete,” said an admiring Montgomery, “I mean, like, he digs in.”
And we all dig "em too!

1682355760054.png

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
supposedly wants between $7 & 8M per year. maybe a team is crazy enough to do that. would be nice
to get a pick for his rights similar to severson.

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
supposedly wants between $7 & 8M per year. maybe a team is crazy enough to do that. would be nice
to get a pick for his rights similar to severson.
Early negotiation isn't worth much of anything, otherwise we'd see 50+ trades a month before FA.

And no one is giving Dima 8 seasons like Severson.

Reactions: neelynugs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad