Prospect Info: Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
Jr just tweeted tuesday will b his debut.

Just came to post that.

@jprutherford: #stlblues prospect Dmitrij Jaskin will make his #nhl debut Tuesday vs. Vancouver at Scottrade Center.

The question is, who comes out of the lineup to make room for Jaskin? Is hie is also close so that would make 2 lineup spots needed.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Might get flamed for this but I wonder if you sit Tarasenko in favor of getting a look at the other Russian kid. I just don't know who else to sit if Oshie comes back as well. There are lots of guys not scoring but Tarasenko hasn't been great lately and I think Hitch would bench a rookie like him before a veteran like Perron. I guess we'll see though.

It will probably be Cracknell or something though with Jaskin starting on the 4th line.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I would sit Andy Mac.

Perron-Backes-Oshie
Steen-Berglund-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Sobotka-Jaskin
Cracknell-Porter-Reaves

I don't think I'm missing anyone...

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I would sit Andy Mac.

Perron-Backes-Oshie
Steen-Berglund-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Sobotka-Jaskin
Cracknell-Porter-Reaves

Stewart.

My top candidates to sit out of the top 9 would be: McDonald, Schwartz, Tarasenko.

Thallis

No half measures
Jan 23, 2010
Behind Blue Eyes
I would sit Andy Mac.

Perron-Backes-Oshie
Steen-Berglund-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Sobotka-Jaskin
Cracknell-Porter-Reaves

McDonald isn't going to get sat. Not by Hitch with our PP still looking like garbage. Reaves will get sat and probably Cracknell will too.

STL fan in MN

Aug 16, 2007
I would sit Reaves and Tarasenko for Jaskin and Oshie. Let Tarasenko watch the game from above a hame or two so he can see why he needs to shoot more and dangle less.

And I should mention that of Oshie returns on Tuesday, I wouldn't be surprised if Hitch goes back on saying Jaskin will make his debut Tuesday. I know we all want to see the kid make his debut (new shiny toy syndrome) so I'll be excited to see him play Tues but if he doesn't, I'll understand that too.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
I would sit Reaves and Tarasenko for Jaskin and Oshie. Let Tarasenko watch the game from above a hame or two so he can see why he needs to shoot more and dangle less.

And I should mention that of Oshie returns on Tuesday, I wouldn't be surprised if Hitch goes back on saying Jaskin will make his debut Tuesday. I know we all want to see the kid make his debut (new shiny toy syndrome) so I'll be excited to see him play Tues but if he doesn't, I'll understand that too.

I agree on the Tarasenko front, but for different reasons. The kid seems to be watching the play or hesitant about committing to a position too often.

Captain Creampuff

Sep 10, 2012
Lol what if no one sits and we just run

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Jaskin-McDonald-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Sobotka-Porter

Forgot Sobotka

Last edited:

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
Lol what if no one sits and we just run

Steen-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Jaskin-McDonald-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Sobotka-Porter

Forgot Sobotka

Cracknell, Porter, and Reaves have been our best players the last week. I would not sit any of them for a completely unproven player. Andy Mac, Tarasenko, and Schwartz are the players I would sit if we want to see what Jaskin can do(not all of them, obviously).

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Andy Mac isn't going to improve if he's not seeing ice. He's been out so he just needs to get more acclimated to the games. He'll catch on soon.

I'd sit porter. Cracknell has shown he can offer more of a offensive game than porter, and Reaves is always needed versus a Canucks team.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
No way does Porter sit before Cracknell or Reaves. No way. Porter isn't coming out of this lineup right now. I'd sit Reaves first and then Cracknell if the 4th line is being affected but on the top lines it should be McDonald sitting for sure, purely in terms of effectiveness. Now there's a guy playing with one hand on his stick.

Daley Tarasenkshow

Schennsational
Nov 7, 2012
St. Louis MO
Fair.

But Hitch has made it clear that Jaskin will only play if it will help us win, so that means that he will be placed in for someone who will be less effective than himself.

I think we will just have to wait and see.

Don't forget Nichol is going to return soon, if not tuesday. Quite the logjam.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I don't think a couple of forwards out of the top 9 sitting down on rotation until some competition gets them going would be a bad idea. Tell em, look, we're gonna take a look at this kid for a few games and Oshie's coming back so two of you are going to sit. But if the guys still in the lineup don't get going, they'll sit and we'll play musical chairs like that until I get some guys to step up with some damn offense.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Steen-Backes-Oshie
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Jaskin-Schwartz-Tarasenko
Porter-Sobotka-Cracknell

Try that out. Sobotka and Porter can take shifts on the 3rd line during the game for defense or if one of the rooks isn't playing well. Lets see how Schwartz does at center.

David Dennison

I'm a tariff, man.
Jul 5, 2007
Grenyarnia
Putting Jaskin with Sobotka makes sense. I dont see Hitch putting two rookies on the same line, especially a guy playing in his first career game.

Lets load up the lines
Schwartz-Backes-Oshie
McDonald-Berglund-Tarasenko
Perron-Steen-Stewart
Porter/Reaves/Cracknell-Sobotka-Jaskin

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Personally, I would like to see Tuesday (permitting Oshie plays):

Schwartz-Backes-Oshie
Jaskin-Steen-Stewart
Perron-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Reaves-Porter-Cracknell

It's pretty much consensus around here that McDonald needs to sit a couple. Berglund has been invisible so he sits. I don't care if we're lacking in centers, if you don't produce you put some time in the press box.

erderuft

Jun 28, 2011
Borås, Sweden
Agree that Andy Mac could probably use a breather -- he just looks so slow nowadays. But no way Hitch will scratch him, even if he does deserve it.

IF Hitch decides to go ahead and give Jaskin his debut on tuesday, Tarasenko will sit.

PerryTurnbullfan

Sep 30, 2006
Penalty Box
It won't happen...but I would like to try this twist of line changes

Jaskin Backes Tarasenko
Schwartz Sobotka Oshie
Perron Berglund Stewart
Reaves Porter Cracknell

Just give Steen a day off to rejuvenate, not because his play has been lacking
Give McDonald a seat, because his play has been lacking.

I would like to see what Sobotka could do with Oshie. I liked the chemistry of Schwartz and Oshie as well. Backes can keep the two rookies alive and help create offensive chances for them. I think Backes and Jaskin can create more open space for Tarasenko to shoot. Always liked the Perron Berglund Stewart line. Can't say enough about the new 4th line. Nichol can go hang with Langenbrunner. No room for him right now.

Lord Helix

Nov 12, 2010
Perron Backes Oshie
McDonald Berglund Stewart
Schwartz Steen Tarasenko
Porter Sobotka Jaskin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad