Prospect Info: Dmitri Jaskin - Signed to 3 year deal by Blues

ManyIdeas

Feb 14, 2012
St. Louis
9-42-25
57-21-74(91)
20-17-26
4th line untouched.

Our current best playmaker with backes and stewart to maybe get them driving. Resurrect the kid line and tell 21 to shoot, defensively responsible partners for the new guy. Is oshie is out bring in frank to a different line.

Dont break up the 4th.

ExJbeck

Jul 29, 2012
This team's problem is that Berglund and Backes aren't Kopitar, Toews, etc. Berglund, despite his struggles, would still be a great asset to the team IF they can fill that center hole. Berglund would be lucky to be a #2 on a lot of contenders. Hopefully Jaskin listens to Backes and Nichol and learns to play center really soon.
Hypothetically, if Backes were Kopitar, it would bring no difference in the role Berglund is playing. Maybe you meant something different. The bottom line is that Berglund is not doing a good job on the ice.

BadgersandBlues

Jun 6, 2011
I think we all agree that Berglund is a great #3 C. Backes is a great #2 C. Sobotka can play either #3 or #4 C, with #4 being where he's probably most effective. No one knows where Lethera might fit in, but he's probably not a #1 C either.

So if we get Lethera to come over, he can potentially fill Berglund's spot. (I honestly can't see him being any worse on a consistency-basis) Or we can just assume Sobotka will keep plugging in at the #3 C position and fill our #4 C position internally (Porter/Nichol) or with a different UFA pickup. We can package Berglund+Winger+Pick/Prospect to get that stud #1 Pierre Turgeon-like guy.

I think this will occur at the Draft, after we know what we're going to have to pay AP/Shatty/Stew.

stlweir

Sep 29, 2008
Between periods the NBC analysts talked about Backes and said every team in the NHL would love to have him, he just isn't a #1 center. If he's scoring 30 goals I'll take him as my #1 center, if he's scoring 5 no way.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Between periods the NBC analysts talked about Backes and said every team in the NHL would love to have him, he just isn't a #1 center. If he's scoring 30 goals I'll take him as my #1 center, if he's scoring 5 no way.
And that's exactly right. If we can get a top #1 center like a Joe Thornton type, Backes as a #2 center would be lethal.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I am real excited to see how Jaskin does. Could be a bigtime player in the next year or 2. Hopefully he has a great game tonight

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Officially official now.

St. Louis Blues ‏@StLouisBlues 3m
Dmitrij Jaskin will make his NHL debut tonight vs. Vancouver. #stlblues

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Haha

‏@jprutherford While Jaskin doing interview, Tarasenko jumped in with mic: "Tell us about your Russian teammate" Jaskin: "I need to help him with English."

radapex

Sep 21, 2012
Canada, Eh
Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 1m
Hitch on Jaskin: "With his ability to shoot & score & get into hard areas to score, I don't think it does anything but help us right now."

Lou Korac ‏@lkorac10 5m
Hitch was convinced to give Jaskin a chance after seeing him perform in what Hitch called "a really hard down-low offensive drill" Monday.

Last edited:

Brez50

Mar 18, 2013
Central Illinois
How long is the normal recovery for something like this? I'd think it would be the rest of the season, even when they play for the cup (notice the positive vibe there?)

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Now that Oshie underwent surgery today, Jaskin might be in for good.
I wondered whether Oshie's status was known, and Jaskin was brought to St Louis because of that anticipated loss....but I think that's just be being paranoid. He stands to have a bigger role, or a shot at one anyway if things go well.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Tough to say. Wouldn't be unheard of for four weeks, definitely could be longer, but that depends on too many unknowns. You know he'll want to get back. Probably 2d round at the most optimistic? So it's very possible we don't see him the rest of the season, but your other post made it seem like he'd been declared done for the year which is why I objected, sorry.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
I wondered whether Oshie's status was known, and Jaskin was brought to St Louis because of that anticipated loss....but I think that's just be being paranoid. He stands to have a bigger role, or a shot at one anyway if things go well.

I'm confident this caught them by surprise. Oshie was talking Monday like he could play tonight if it were Game 7 but might need another game or two, which would not have been the case if he suspected a fracture.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Hey guys has anyone seen him play this year? There was soooooo much hype with him over the past year or so and now I havent heard much.. pretty decent stats so far this year 10gp. 3g 4a 7pts 8pims in his first pro season. Im very curious to hear about him!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad