Division-centric sites for season resumption - reported to be Edmonton and Toronto

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
SIMMONS: ‘NHL sold us out,’ Canadian broadcast worker says. ‘Government sold us out’

NBC will fly upwards of 50 broadcast people to Toronto — producers, directors, camera people, technicians and more — to serve as the world feed for all National Hockey League games played in this hub city.

Sportsnet will produce the world feed for games played in the Western hub city of Edmonton, but the Stanley Cup final, slated for the Alberta city will have both Canadian and American feeds for the individual rights-holders.

Yukon Joe

Aug 3, 2011
YWG -> YXY -> YEG
The water damage might be significant if there were going to be fans in the building - Ford Hall is the main entrance into Rogers Place for fans after all.

But even though the damage looked significant I can't see it being a problem for the bubble games the NHL is going to have.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
"Life in the Secure Zone" has an ominous sound to it.

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call... the Secure Zone.

Reactions: Hynh

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans
"Life in the Secure Zone" has an ominous sound to it.

Movie idea: COVID-19 mutates and turns people into leaking zombie-like creatures. The last humans alive are the NHL players in the two Secure Zones, and they have to defend their Secure Zone from 6 million zombies in the GTA by using hockey sticks, skate blades, fisticuffs and their wits!

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Movie idea: COVID-19 mutates and turns people into leaking zombie-like creatures. The last humans alive are the NHL players in the two Secure Zones, and they have to defend their Secure Zone from 6 million zombies in the GTA by using hockey sticks, skate blades, fisticuffs and their wits!
The sequel would be a harrowing cross-country trip to Edmonton in the middle of winter where the zombies have been killed by the extreme cold. When our heroes arrive they find an autocratic regime build around worship of the lord and savior, McJesus.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
The sequel would be a harrowing cross-country trip to Edmonton in the middle of winter where the zombies have been killed by the extreme cold. When our heroes arrive they find an autocratic regime build around worship of the lord and savior, McJesus.

Sounds like a good movie. If you overlook the fact that zombies are not alive in the first place, so how can they be killed by extreme cold?

Mind you, I've made a cross-country trip to Edmonton in the middle of winter so, screw the logic, I'd go see the movie.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Sounds like a good movie. If you overlook the fact that zombies are not alive in the first place, so how can they be killed by extreme cold?

Mind you, I've made a cross-country trip to Edmonton in the middle of winter so, screw the logic, I'd go see the movie.
They don't metabolize so they don't produce heat. They freeze and become immobile. An immobile zombie is easy pickings for Pope Connor's elite Swiss Guard (Jose, Fiala, Meier, Yannick Weber, Haas, Sbisa).

KevFu

May 22, 2009
Phoenix from Rochester via New Orleans

I'd go the other way with it... McJesus leads the Edmonton crew to Toronto.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Paywall. LeBron would love to see best of 3 playin going forward, but Bettman not budging from no playin stance.

Also, HHOF induction will be delayed. Exactly when will be decided around October, next board meeting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad