Div2 Group A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
zecke26 said:
hehehe. at least iceland has some natural ice compared to their opponents. i wonder who's the favorite out of these six.
My guesses would be Iceland (strangely enough) and Mexico (maybe Turkey).

zecke26

Jan 16, 2003
*Scott* said:
Does anybody have an idea what attendance for this tournament is? Will they break 1000 people for the Gold Medal game?

there's no real gold medal game. just a round robin and the first team goes up. but according to the off-site, both romanian games had the attendance of 1000. so the answer to your question is yes. :)

Jazz

back to Lithuania...

Their results in the U20s show a bad trend...after peaking with their highest ever ranking of 21st in 2001, here are the subsequent results.

• 2001 - 21st place
  • 2002 - 26th place
  • 2003 - 29th place
  • 2004 - 31st place
  • 2005 - 34th place with relegation to Div III

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
I wonder why Japan is dominating?

Korea dominated their pool too.

With China's increasingly money'd people the NHL should try and promote hockey there, with 1 Billion people there is quite abit of potential to produce players. Not all Asian people are small these days, when I was in Japan all the young people were just as tall as they are in North America.

BCCHL inactive

Tb0ne said:
With China's increasingly money'd people the NHL should try and promote hockey there, with 1 Billion people there is quite abit of potential to produce players.

The interest in hockey is limited to a few towns in Northern China, which are close to the Russian border. If you take a look at this year's Chinese U20 team's roster, you will notice the only club teams represented are Qiqihar and Jiamusi Qianli.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Van said:
The interest in hockey is limited to a few towns in Northern China, which are close to the Russian border. If you take a look at this year's Chinese U20 team's roster, you will notice the only club teams represented are Qiqihar and Jiamusi Qianli.
They had to build a rink in Harbin(?) to host the asian games which is about the only place they really play, but the NHL might do well to promote there. 1.2 Billion people someone has to have the skills.

Joeri Loonen

Mar 1, 2002
www.eurohockey.net
zecke26 said:
here are the complete results of the first day:

lithuania - netherlands 2-7
china - japan 0-5
serbia/montenegro - romania 3-6

akim ramoul of netherlands is the only player in this tournament who is playing in the US. unfortunately i do no know where. he had 2 goals and 1 assist today.

the netherlands have three players with 6'5...impressing. china has one with 6'4 at least and japan's biggest player is 6'2 while all the others are true midgets. :)

He playes for the Texarana Bandits (USHL). Used to play for the Cologne YoungSharks in de German junior league DNL and was amongst top scorers of the team.

http://www.eurohockey.net/players/frameset.cgi?page=show_player.cgi?serial=49028

Regards,

Joeri Loonen
Admin: http://www.eurohockey.net

Lionel Hutz

Apr 13, 2004
Locking the Lounge??
tommi462 said:
I didn't even know Serbia and Netherlands had hockey teams.

If that is not enough, it is amazing to consider the teams that play in the divisions below this. I was looking at the IIHF site once, and saw that Mexico, Israel and many other unexpected places compete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad