Disturbing e-mails leak of Eugene Melnyk bashing a Senators campaign. 📢 VIEWERS DISCRETION IS ADVISED 📢

PostBradMalone

Mar 19, 2022
Yes he was an arsehole.

But he's dead and cannot be punished for it. All bringing this to light now does is punish his family and loved ones who were not responsible for it during this time.

Let’s say someone murdered a family member of yours and then died right after. By your logic, should the crime not be “brought to light”?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Let’s say someone murdered a family member of yours and then died right after. By your logic, should the crime not be “brought to light”?
Exactly — that’s what is so ridiculous about the hue and cry of “but he just died, show some respect”. Should we all have given Hitler and his family a month or two or grieving until we told the truth? And, no, I am not equating anyone to Hitler. Merely making the point that there is a line in terms of when someone is so foul in life that they deserve no automatic “respect” after they die. Calling a woman who works for you a _ _ _ _, is that line for me. f*** Eugene Melynyk - then and now.

Cap'n Flavour

Mar 8, 2004
Flavour Country
Yes he was an arsehole.

But he's dead and cannot be punished for it. All bringing this to light now does is punish his family and loved ones who were not responsible for it during this time.

The point isn't to punish him, it's to reveal the truth. And frankly, this article should have been published while he was alive, though I can understand holding it back given his litigious nature and the need for fact checking.

The obscenely wealthy oligarchs in our society need far more scrutiny. Had this been published sooner, we could have avoided the nauseating and insincere eulogies after his death. And frankly, his daughters are both adults and should know exactly what legacy they are (literally) inheriting.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Not a fan of the campaign. It was a distasteful response. Not a fan of holier-than-thou angry mobs comprised of hypocrites who hopefully garner empathy when they make a mistake.
Being homophobic and abusive to employees isn't a "mistake". What a pathetic, apologetic take... You're sticking up for a despicable excuse for a human.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Yes he was an arsehole.

No, it doesn't just do that - it also emboldens people to speak up if they were wronged, either by Eugene or by someone under his employ. It offers closure. And it shows people that their wrongdoings can & will be exposed.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Not a fan of the campaign. It was a distasteful response. Not a fan of holier-than-thou angry mobs comprised of hypocrites who hopefully garner empathy when they make a mistake.
why exactly are you not a fan of the campaign...please be specific

Jared Dunn

Dec 23, 2013
Yellowknife

I will for sure be praying for empathy when I make the "mistake" of repeatedly showing my deplorable character and my out of touch, hateful, deeply held beliefs!

Reactions: iDangleDangle

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Of all these dumb arguments my favorite is “just wait, one day you’ll be the bigot” like you can’t meet plenty of cool ass old people right now who don’t really care what shit you’re into if it makes you happy.

Where does it say in the rules that I have to buckle down at around 40 and demand that the world stop growing around me, lashing out at everyone who dares challenge me to continue growing? What if I just… keep trying to be cool to people?

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
The guy just died, No possible good can come of showing what a dirt bag this guy was. He also has young daughters I think and now they have to know their dad was a POS.

He is gone, the world did not need to know this. The leaker is a pos too.

Hate all you want but its true.
So your argument is "think of the children"?

BrokenFace

Aug 15, 2010
STL
The guy just died, No possible good can come of showing what a dirt bag this guy was. He also has young daughters I think and now they have to know their dad was a POS.

He is gone, the world did not need to know this. The leaker is a pos too.

Hate all you want but its true.
You keep using the word "leaker" singular, but there were many sources in this article because Melnyk was awful to many people. You also say that "no possible good can come from showing what a dirt bag this guy was", but I disagree. Now people with the authority to treat people like garbage without immediate consequences will know that their crappy reputation may still be discussed even when they're no longer around to sue over it. If these types of people care about their legacy or what young family members think of them, maybe now they'll know that dying doesn't wipe away a history of needlessly being an ass.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Nope.

I ma saying that nothing good can come from this. Just someone who didnt like him or someone who has other motives....

None of us would want to find out the things we did or said wrong were broadcast to the world days after we died....
OR you could live by the fairly popular idea of.. "Don't do or say anything that you wouldn't want put in the newspaper"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad