Disregarding salary, who is the ideal winger for Crosby?

billybudd

Feb 1, 2012
regardless, I don't feel like Ovechkin is a great fit, outside of scoring lots of goals (which he can do with everyone).

He doesn't play defense, he doesn't play a below-the-goal-line game, he likes the puck on his stick, like, a lot, he takes extended shifts.

I mean, he'd be amazing for the Pens PP, but I just actually don't seem him as a match for Sid. He'd be better for someone like Jordan Staal (who could do all the hard work and rack up assists) :laugh:

There's also the matter that Sid likes to create offense off a cycle and OV doesn't cycle. Like, at all.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
There's also the matter that Sid likes to create offense off a cycle and OV doesn't cycle. Like, at all.

that's what I was getting at with the 'below the goal line' stuff, only I tried to say it more wordierlyness

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
There is nothing against Ovechkin. I just think he'd fit Geno a lot more. Those two in a regular NHL season are deadly. Ovy/Crosby would just not mesh well.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
the whole first page

no one mentions ovechkin

And I never would. I don't want to turn Sid into a headman pass. Sure you can change AO's game around kind of like how the Devils helped Kovy become a better player but then is that really getting the best out of AO.

Someone that isn't getting mentioned enough is James Neal. To be honest I would love to see Kunitz-Crosby-Neal and then put speed around Malkin.

All time, and even right now, I would kill to see Elias mesh with Sid. Elite neutral zone passer, can finish plays and IMO his positioning and sense is like a modern day Kurri. I really think that more than anything else Sid needs that centers sense and passing on his wing. Goals will be a product of give and go play.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
There is nothing against Ovechkin. I just think he'd fit Geno a lot more. Those two in a regular NHL season are deadly. Ovy/Crosby would just not mesh well.

Maybe, but I really don't think I'd like Ovechkin - Malkin - Neal. Only one puck

themethod7

Jan 25, 2013
NWPA
I think Lucic would be surreal with Malkin and Neal. More so than with Sid. Wheeler however I would love to see with Sid also, but not as much as Perry.

Someone suggested Lucic-Malkin-Neal on [some website that may or may not end in r/hockey] a few weeks back and just the thought got me from 6 to 12... talk about a line being able to inflict their will on the competition.

Last edited:

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Dustin Brown wouldn't be bad (in any year other than this one -- he must've had multiple puppies die on him this year or something), but I don't think he'd be on the level of the others and I don't think you could put him ahead of Ovy by any means.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Dustin Brown wouldn't be bad (in any year other than this one -- he must've had multiple puppies die on him this year or something), but I don't think he'd be on the level of the others and I don't think you could put him ahead of Ovy by any means.

Brown would be fine if Kunitz wasn't the other guy.

SteelFish87*

lol at Crosby and Ovechkin not being able to play together

both would put up their highest possible point totals playing together

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
lol at Crosby and Ovechkin not being able to play together

both would put up their highest possible point totals playing together

They could play together. I just think Sid would player better with Perry. Or Parise. Less points with Parise, but they'd give up less too. If we are talking about the powerplay specifically, well then Ovi is the top choice. Well, him or Stamkos.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
Parise - Crosby - Gibbons?

i assume this thread was for RW since Kunitz isnt going anywhere. Both Kunitz and Parise are LW's

I don't think Kunitz needs to be with Sid. It just so happens that a majority of wingers that would work the best with Sid are all LWs. And if we find a LW that is better than Kunitz, there shouldn't be a problem having Bennett play as Sid's RW and moving Kunitz down with Geno and Neal.

Also, put me in the group that thinks Crosby and Ovechkin wouldn't work together. They don't play a remotely similar game. Plus if Sid passed to Ovi, he'd never get the puck back.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Perry maybe, parise? not even close. Need somewhat of a sniper.

Zach Parise is "somewhat of a sniper." The dude has scored 40 goals. And he's scored 30 four other times. He can score just fine. And he's better defensively, better at cycling the puck and he just works much harder.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00