Movies: Disney's Aladdin [Live Action] (Directed by Guy Ritchie)

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
That looks so bad, but don't worry I'll be able to tell you all about. I'm sure my 5 and 3 year old will want to watch it...

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Lets ask ourselves if a live action Alladin movie was ever wanted.

I wouldn't say any of the live action adaptations of Disney animated movies were "wanted". But given the positive reactions to the first few they were going to keep doing them. This one looks pretty bad though.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
I hope, i will not offend someone, but im from Slovakia, we dont have much Afro-Americans here (Afro-Europeans).

But to make a blue Arabic ghost from a black Afro-American actor is simply too much.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I wouldn't say any of the live action adaptations of Disney animated movies were "wanted". But given the positive reactions to the first few they were going to keep doing them. This one looks pretty bad though.

Did they get positive reactions outside of Jungle Book? I recall plenty of people not being satisfied with Beauty and the Beast.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Did they get positive reactions outside of Jungle Book? I recall plenty of people not being satisfied with Beauty and the Beast.

There was some small complaints here and there like people not being happy that Disney didn't outright say one of the characters was gay...but still made well over a Billion $$$

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Yikes. I was willing to give Will Smith a chance because I thought he could play the goofball role of the genie well but this doesn't look right at all.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg
16ejdjl6heg21.jpg

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I had zero desire to see this, and less so when I saw the genie, and I quickly realized the joy that laughing at it has brought me in the past week or so. Then I wondered if they're pulling a Gritty on us and purposely made it seem like a pile of garbage for ironic purposes. If not, it's working anyway!

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
I had zero desire to see this, and less so when I saw the genie, and I quickly realized the joy that laughing at it has brought me in the past week or so. Then I wondered if they're pulling a Gritty on us and purposely made it seem like a pile of garbage for ironic purposes. If not, it's working anyway!

Now I want a Gritty-as-the-Genie version of Aladdin.

Reactions: Ozz

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I had a weird dream about this movie.

The dream involved me watching it. The first part of the movie was all animated and the last part of it was live action.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
They finally released a full trailer.

It's still firmly in the "wait for word of mouth" stage, but, I can see a scenario where this could be enjoyable. I have not had that vibe at all with this film to date.

Reactions: Daxi

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
The CGI does look better on the Genie and it looks good visually. This was my favourite Disney movie as a kid so I am going to go see this regardless even if it sucks just so I know lol

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
The CGI does look better on the Genie and it looks good visually. This was my favourite Disney movie as a kid so I am going to go see this regardless even if it sucks just so I know lol

The interplay between characters were good. I feel that there's hope that we'll see a new take on these characters that's still connected to the original film,and not just a full rehash.

That said, I worry about why that sat on these scenes for so long, and whether these were the highlights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad