Movies: Disney's Aladdin [Live Action] (Directed by Guy Ritchie)

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
rdlXgjT.gif

My boy Doc is as speechless as I am.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I know I aint the target but this and the live action Lion King look like absolute joke movies.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
To massively screw up an IP to which you bought is one thing, but to screw up your own project that has been loved and revered for decades is simply amazing.

Reactions: irunthepeg

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
It's not just how Smith looks that's the problem, but the way he acts and sounds seems so wrong and out of place as well

The fact that this wasn't put a stop to on Day 1 of production, means a whole lotta people should be fired immediately

Last edited:
Reactions: irunthepeg

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
What amuses me is how the whole trailer ramps up to the big genie reveal as if it's designed to make you go "Ooohh sh*t!! It's Will Smith as the genie!! This is going to be awesome!!"

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
What amuses me is how the whole trailer ramps up to the big genie reveal as if it's designed to make you go "Ooohh sh*t!! It's Will Smith as the genie!! This is going to be awesome!!"

That, and Jafar’s reveal of Aladdin.

-Long pause....ALADDIN-

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I'm usually happily oblivious CGI in movies but from the trailer a number of times it just seems really off even to me. There's a couple points like at 19 seconds where the camera switches back to Jafar and he's contrasted with the background it just looks really low budget.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Every Disney live action remake either has been good or looks like it might be good... except for this one. Is it a coincidence that it was directed by Guy Ritchie? This is the guy whose last 4 movies (two 'Sherlock Holmes', 'U.N.C.L.E.' and 'King Arthur') didn't bear much resemblance to their source material. Whatever convinced Disney that this was the director to capture the essence of the original Aladdin? Maybe this'll be better than it looks in the trailer and Ritchie will prove such doubt wrong, but it's hard to imagine that at the moment.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->