Speculation: ''Disgrace of hockey'' Radulov thread |Will the prodigal son return to his papa Roy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
If Rads works here, he probably works for 5-6 years. If he doesn't, he will be gone after a season. I'd consider the 5-6 years a long-term solution.

Assuming that Radulov did work out, I'd actually expect him to be on the team longer than Varly and EJ.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
If Rads works here, he probably works for 5-6 years. If he doesn't, he will be gone after a season. I'd consider the 5-6 years a long-term solution.

Assuming that Radulov did work out, I'd actually expect him to be on the team longer than Varly and EJ.

We don't know that now though or what sort of commitment he requires or is even willing to make.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
We don't know that now though or what sort of commitment he requires or is even willing to make.

We know that if Rads comes to the Avs to be back under Roy and it works, then the relationship will very likely continue for a while. That is probably the most sure thing in all the Radulov drama. Radulov wants to come back and change the narrative about him and prove what he can do in the NHL. If he finds something that works (or thinks will work) that relationship will continue.

I'd also say the Avs are the team most likely to give him a significant amount of term if he wants it. They'd probably also be okay with just giving him a year if that is what he wanted. The Avs have been very player friendly in that area, and with Roy and Radulov's relationship, it is a risk they'd likely be willing to take.

If it doesn't work (for the Avs or any other team), Radulov will be going back to Russia and no team (including the Avs) would be willing to touch him.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002

For some reason, I just can't see the Avs signing him to a contract beyond 3 years at the most, to start with.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
You take great pride in your non-cordial ways and have mentioned them a few times of late, so I'm sure before he signs you'll have lots more opportunities for both approaches.

I'll go back to just reading all the debate I think since I only have indirect reference to Radulov since he left the league

I wouldn't say I have pride in my snide smartassiness in relaxed/friendly settings. I certainly wish I was able to mute it around people who aren't used to treating their friends this way without also muting the aspects of my personality that I like. I'm just very aware of that character-flaw cause it's one I've tried to work on. In a professional context it's never a problem, but when I'm seeking to entertain myself or new-friends it can be a very a different story.

I really hope that by this time next year we've all seen him up close for 82 games so that these threads can be more fruitful. :yo:

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Rads is definitely part of what this team needs. A new defensive system is first and foremost, after that an upgrade on D, though the upgrade on D may come from the development of our young guys and then it's a play making sniper on the wing.

Rads is someone who can put it in the net and we need that.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
No one has mentioned this but when Varly talked about Radulov joining the Avs, noticed how he said "he'll be one of the leaders THERE... Why there? Does he thinks he's not gonna be part of the team anymore? Why would he say there instead of here?

Edit: Ah never mind, i forgot that he also said "I hope we can win the Cup with him" He's just a confused Russian

Last edited:

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
No one has mentioned this but when Varly talked about Radulov joining the Avs, noticed how he said "he'll be one of the leaders THERE... Why there? Does he thinks he's not gonna be part of the team anymore? Why would he say there instead of here?

IIRC it was a Russian translation... likely a simple translation error.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Varly wasn't in Colorado or with the Avs when he made those comments. He was overseas with the Russian NT. So when they asked him about Rads joining Colorado he answered with his thoughts about Rads going there.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
It's no big deal, it just sort of sounded weird when his comment or the translation said THERE, combined with all the Varly trade speculations or rumors, I just thought maybe there is something to it.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'm just going to assume nothing happens until the playoffs are over, maybe even until July 1. He is a UFA after all and doesn't hurt to listen to everybody. I suppose there is no urgency whatsoever on Radulov's side.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007

All quiet on the Radulov front except for Richards' tweets.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
2nd time in a week I'm on HF posting about my dreams but last night I had a dream that the Radulov signing was complete. It was nice.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
If you tell your dreams, they won't come true.

Nice going, bro...

:sarcasm:

That's not necessarily true. I once had a dream the Avs drafted Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter to be their goalie. I never told anyone and it never did come true.

tumblr_mtcnfjvVcf1rjz07to2_500.jpg

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
That's not necessarily true. I once had a dream the Avs drafted Kamala the Ugandan Headhunter to be their goalie. I never told anyone and it never did come true.

tumblr_mtcnfjvVcf1rjz07to2_500.jpg

That's not the same...

"If you tell your dreams, they won't come true" isn't the same as "If you don't tell your dreams, they will come true"

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
That's not the same...

"If you tell your dreams, they won't come true" isn't the same as "If you don't tell your dreams, they will come true"

Yeah but . . . you don't know what some other Avs fan's dreams are if they are keeping it mum.

zoolander09

Oct 23, 2009
Ok well, i guess we can agree to disagree. IMO this team needs more of a Toews style of player (leader) than a Radulov if we're talking strictly leadership, giving the team that leadership boost or whatnot.

they have a choice?
theres a "toews style player" available?
doesnt every team need that?
brilliant comment!

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
they have a choice?
theres a "toews style player" available?
doesnt every team need that?
brilliant comment!

Yeah they have a choice, don't sign Radulov and his troubles how about that? I'd say that's a choice. Radulov isn't gonna fix this teams problems.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Yeah they have a choice, don't sign Radulov and his troubles how about that? I'd say that's a choice. Radulov isn't gonna fix this teams problems.

Alright, let's pass on Radulov and wait for Toews to hit free agency.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Ok, I didn't say they should wait to sign Toews, some people are saying Radulov could help as far as leadership and I'm saying Avs don't need a Radulov type leader that's all

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
Ok, I didn't say they should wait to sign Toews, some people are saying Radulov could help as far as leadership and I'm saying Avs don't need a Radulov type leader that's all

You think the Avalanche need a Toews-like player instead. That is a good point to be made as any team in the league would benefit from a player like Toews. However, there's only one Toews and he's locked up long term. Who would you suggest the Avalanche go after?

It's easy to say "this team needs x", but the majority of the time 'x' isn't available or doesn't exist.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
You think the Avalanche need a Toews-like player instead. That is a good point to be made as any team in the league would benefit from a player like Toews. However, there's only one Toews and he's locked up long term. Who would you suggest the Avalanche go after?

It's easy to say "this team needs x", but the majority of the time 'x' isn't available or doesn't exist.

They should go after what they really need which is defense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad