NHL 20 Discussion Thread

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Doc and eddie out.......Cybulski and Ferraro in.....with special guest of drake,chance the rapper and Gretzky Lololol

NBC sports package gone

Breaking Down The 16 Biggest Changes Coming To NHL 20

Yooooooo they finally got coaches for Franchise. Aren’t licensed but it’s a step. Plus, players can become coaches when they retire.

They also added a trade finder! f***ing yes!

People will be skeptical of the announcing switch, but it honestly worked wonders for Madden. The commentary is much better.

The NBC presentation ran its course anyway.

The score at the bottom of the screen is dumb lol

Reactions: thegr8one66

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Yooooooo they finally got coaches for Franchise. Aren’t licensed but it’s a step. Plus, players can become coaches when they retire.

They also added a trade finder! ****ing yes!

People will be skeptical of the announcing switch, but it honestly worked wonders for Madden. The commentary is much better.

Unfortunately doesn’t sound like they did any major overhauls with the AI, hopefully they can tweak it to at least serviceable

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Unfortunately doesn’t sound like they did any major overhauls with the AI, hopefully they can tweak it to at least serviceable

Well they overhauled the goaltending AI and added a bunch of new animations.

But yeah, doesn’t sound like any changes to skates AI.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

I'm cautiously excited for an NHL game for the first time in a very long time.

That list of changes seems, for the most part, to be good. Very pleased to see them axing the NBC stuff. Hopefully the Franchise Mode deep-dive reveals some really great changes.

Reactions: thegr8one66 and Cor

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
Doc and eddie out.......Cybulski and Ferraro in.....with special guest of drake,chance the rapper and Gretzky Lololol

NBC sports package gone

Breaking Down The 16 Biggest Changes Coming To NHL 20

This is seriously underwhelming

To me the gameplay as a whole is just flawed as it is. Completely needs a makeover. Brand new

I couldn’t care less that they added new outdoor rinks or coaches or whatever. That’s cool stuff but it’s icing on the cake. The game still has terrible A.I. which they admit they haven’t fixed (which is kind of hilarious because usually they at least pretend the A.I. has been fixed), and just boring repetitive gameplay that is not fun.

I mean who actually enjoys playing with or against A.I. in this game? They’re so ridiculously easy to beat on the low difficulty, and just completely smothering on high difficulty. It’s not impossible to beat them but it’s just not fun to play a style that can beat them. Zero creativity. Getting pinned against the boards, their perfect response time to every turn you make, completely smother every loose puck, etc.

I would not be surprised if they ditched Doc and NBC because the licensing and whatever other fees required were too high

So pathetic from EA. Speak with your wallet people. Stop giving them your money if you want them to actually start giving a shit. If you’re gonna buy it at least buy it used off eBay or something

Reactions: x Tame Impala

Glennsoe

Horndog
Jan 7, 2011
Didn't buy nhl 19 - leaning to skipping this one too..

From the above mentioned article;

EA is aware of the awful online toxicity that pervades the EASHL, but hasn't built the reporting tools necessary to help the community fight against it just yet.

Last edited:

Lyons71

Jun 27, 2003
Fullerton, CA
Visit site
I wish they would fix be a pro. The mode is worse to play than it was 6-7 years ago... Nearly impossible to get assists because teammates skate AWAY from the net when I have the puck. Not to mention the CPU only tries to stop passes and always lets you have a shot on the goalie.

Also, they changed 19 (from 18) by making the computer players all have god-like awareness and passing. The cpu d poke check anything off you (which is ok) but then your player for some reason pokes wildly away from the puck and misses most every time.
Not to mention how their new skating mechanic made it much less realistic.

But oh, let's put a post game animation in the game. That's why people buy the game! Not to play it! In fact, just make the game a bunch of you tube clips of post game celebrations. Much cheaper.

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
To much fluff and animation talk, not enough logic and A.I. they refuse to fix the gameplay instead when playing eashl with less than 5 player we will still watch saros and Kurtz skate around in circles with no clue or continue to put pucks in their own net

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
The one thing I might like about this one is the goalie fixes, if they're legit. I play a lot of goalie in the NHL games, so that's a welcome sight. Doubt it'll be enough to get me to buy it though. I don't play CHEL, I don't play HUT, I rarely play EASHL. I really want them to do something with Be a Pro, but it looks like that will just never happen.

Sep 19, 2008

Sadly, none of them are licensed, so don’t expect to see red-faced Bruce Boudreau screaming at players or the Q Stache patrolling the Panthers bench.

:huh:

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto
Disappointed that there's no significant AI fixes or Frostbite (yet again).

I know a lot of people like those story modes in other sports games...I've played through a few and honestly they all feel the same ("THE WHOLE WORLD IS TALKING ABOUT THE NO NAMED KID WITH THE AMAZING SKILLS! COULD YOU BE 'THE ONE"??? OH NO YOU DIDNT GET DRAFTED AND NOW HAVE TO RIDE THE BUS IN THE CHINESE D-LEAGUE) yadda yadda.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
No frostbite, no PC version, no changes (at least so far) for Franchise mode. I think I will stick with EHM / FHM and wait for NHL on next gen.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
Disappointed that there's no significant AI fixes or Frostbite (yet again).

I know a lot of people like those story modes in other sports games...I've played through a few and honestly they all feel the same ("THE WHOLE WORLD IS TALKING ABOUT THE NO NAMED KID WITH THE AMAZING SKILLS! COULD YOU BE 'THE ONE"??? OH NO YOU DIDNT GET DRAFTED AND NOW HAVE TO RIDE THE BUS IN THE CHINESE D-LEAGUE) yadda yadda.

I haven’t even touched the story mode in NBA and it already kills anything NHL has to offer.

I want 2k hockey back.

ItMe

Jan 4, 2017
We will never get a quality EA NHL game when their primary focus is how much money they can we squeeze out of HUT. Seriously people, stop wasting your ****ing money on this crap. You are buying the same damn items over and over again, and for what? To tell your friends that you got a digital Gretzky card that you are going to lose when the next NHL installment comes out? ....If you want a better hockey, stop wasting your money on HUT!

Newt91

Feb 8, 2019
Very disappointed in the lack of upgrades thus far. Wish there was someway 2k could make a game, competition creates better quality.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
Wow thats Ridiculous. All these 'changes' legit seems like theyre just a software update. Is this seriously what they worked on for a year? Absolute garbage.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
If GM Connected is back I will be too.

If it's not I'll spend my time and money elsewhere.

Absolute shame what this gaming franchise has become.

IceManCat

#TheFloridaPanthers
Jul 13, 2006
The Rat Den
Would be nice to have some animations like guys talking in the bench, line it up for the face off, heading to and fro the benches. Reactions after a missed shot or close opportunity. Their is no personality to the game it’s terrible along with the same graphics from 2015. I can only hope next gen is better

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad