Discussion on Fallout of Chayka's Win-Now Trades

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
I don't think anyone can logically pass judgement on Chayka until they fully understand what happened in order for him to duck out of a multiyear contract extension months after signing it.

Reactions: PainForShane

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Anyone else wonder what Chayka thinks about everything that's transpired with the team since he quit? Lol

18bead0a453338422c1aefdfb9b8b863.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Kai Yo T

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
f*** Chayka. I'm glad he, Tippett, Tocc and all the previous "owners" are gone. I hope the current owner winds up being at least competent which remains to be seen. I like Armstrong's resume more than anyone that's been tied to the organization since it's been here. Hopefully that means something. I do miss Maloney and Curt Keilback as far as personalities. Maloney always seemed like a good dude and he was always more honest in pressers than most execs around sports in general. At the end of the day though, I just want people in charge that bring a freaking winner!

Last edited:

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Maloney was great on trades, terrible at the draft. Plus, as you said, he was fantastic in pressers.

He also always answered all my emails I sent, and honestly, which was refreshing.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Chayka's trades were all fine. If you think Hall is going to re-sign with us, you take that deal 10/10 times at that point. That's a likely 20+ pick for a guy who still has it in him and is elite with a fair bit of time left. If you get him to extend another 4+ years it's gravy.

Other trades were debatable as well, but none of them were outright bad at the time. Closest one was for Stepan and Raanta, but none of us anticipated Raanta basically not playing for us and Stepan falling off a cliff.

His drafting, on the other hand, left much to be desired. He wasn't an upgrade on Maloney, by any means, but I didn't hate him. Until the other shit came out about what a knob he was IRL and the combine drama happened.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad