Not open for further replies.

Zombotron

Supreme Overlord of Crap
Jan 3, 2010
Toronto
wrxtfXm.jpg

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
Willie sure has put together an awesome team. The fruits of his labour are paying off. Nice win tonight and good line choices. He is going to prove a lot of people wrong.

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
Willie sure has put together an awesome team. The fruits of his labour are paying off. Nice win tonight and good line choices. He is going to prove a lot of people wrong.

agreed, very underrated coach

his strategies go over the heads of most people

NucksRuleYep

Feb 19, 2013
agreed, very underrated coach

his strategies go over the heads of most people

Yep. Including other coaches. He played glen gluzten like a fiddle tonight. Thats experience. It took him a while but willie aint playing around anymore. Excited to see him prove EA sports wrong and make the 2nd round.and win the Jack Adams award. It could happen.

coolboarder

Mar 4, 2010
Maryland
Even after tonight game, I am not confidence that Willie is better coach for this team. It all takes for the classic shift of Sedinery to save his neck tonight. Other lines could not even produce anything. I'd overload the first line but Willie has another idea for other lines. If the Canucks continue to struggle to maintain an offensive possession in the zone due to the combos he is making, he should not be the coach

Horvat should not be on 4th line. Let Gaunce do that job if needs to have a checking 4th line center. . A successful coach will recognize that Horvat is no longer a rookie and why continue to treat him like that especially with the second half of the season performance last year with good chemistry with Baertschi. He has a much better skill than Sutter or even Granlund. Sutter is a perfect 3rd line C and Granlund is better off being a winger, imo.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
Maybe the guy is crazy smart and the second he puts Horvat with Baertschi they'll both play their ***** off not to be separated.

oyvey

meet you at the bottom if there really is one
Jan 6, 2010
Toronto
He has zero offensive instincts and it will catch up with him soon. Gone by Christmas.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
I've been wrong about Desjardins. The team's systems, especially offensively, looked unbelievably well-polished. I can't wait to watch these guys pick defenses apart all year long.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
Is he really worse than AV in comparison with his questionable line decisions?

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Was there live last nigjt and the team seemed to employ a much different neutral zone system. Much quicker transition and pushing the pace

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
I see a Nobel Prize in the near future for Willie.

Reality TV series will follow.

Outside chance for being declared a poet laureate.

I'll take AV on this worst day over Willie on this best day....7 days a week.

After the reality tv series he'll announce his candidacy to run for the PM's office.

I actually like the guy. Flame away.

Nomobo

Feb 20, 2015
Victoria
Sure...as an assistant NHL coach.

Much like Benning...as an assistant NHL GM.

Linden? He can just be the Justin Trudeau of the team.

I like both Benning and Willie, salt of the earth type of guys even though they make mistakes.
I'm willing to wait and see what things are like after three years. Team was stale and needed change but there's no magic wand so it's a process.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
I like both Benning and Willie, salt of the earth type of guys even though they make mistakes.
I'm willing to wait and see what things are like after three years. Team was stale and needed change but there's no magic wand so it's a process.

As much as I am a critic of them on these boards - I don't believe they're morons. Just preferred they 'made their bones' with another team before getting the head jobs here. At least with respect to Benning.

Problem is not so much them individually; it's that none of them are that experienced in their current roles (well, other than Weisbrod....)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad