OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Covid cases for different teams (Spain, Sweden and Netherlands) at the same time just before the Euro

I'm wondering now how efficient were the test during the whole season.
I won't be surprised if the different domestic leagues and UEFA (CL, EL) have hidden some positive test to not create a panic and to not postpone once again their long season.

Reactions: g00n

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Yeah I hadn’t looked at Europe’s vaccination rates but now that I am while we are at about 43% fully vaccinated and the UK 42% the rest of Western Europe is in the 18-24% range.

Interestingly Canada is at 8.5%…
I think with Canada it's more that they've really struggled to acquire doses of the vaccine as opposed to negative sentiment towards it, or at least that's what my Canadian friends and colleagues tell me.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I think with Canada it's more that they've really struggled to acquire doses of the vaccine as opposed to negative sentiment towards it, or at least that's what my Canadian friends and colleagues tell me.

Regardless, suck it America Jr… ;)

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Italy with possession clinic so far. As expected.

But you have to create something. A questionable penalty shout, a decent chance that didn’t end up close, and a good save from a set piece isn’t enough IMO.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
But you have to create something. A questionable penalty shout, a decent chance that didn’t end up close, and a good save from a set piece isn’t enough IMO.

Turkey have 9-10 guys in the box so they have to figure something out. It won't be a couple of dribbles or seam passes up the middle, more likely the little bit of space they create on the wing for a cross, or a set piece, if they get lucky and have someone free. Italy's backline and midfielders haven't been winning any aerial battles on clears so there's no clear dominance there.

It may just come down to a mistake by Turkey.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
And there's it all is. Width, transition, the cross, and a mistake by Turkey. Sort of expected with all the pressure.

Also Soyuncu is some sort of vampire.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Given the structure of the tournament if I were Turkey I would have kept doing what I was doing after going down 1-0 but I appreciate their attempt to come out and try to get a result, even if it did result in a reasonably heavy defeat. Italy thrived on Turkish mistakes.

Reactions: g00n

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
omfg wtf just happened to Eriksen

Dude just went blank and fell forward while running, no contact, eyes glazed over

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
holy shit they're doing compressions. first thing I thought was heart failure

omg

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Turned my TV off. Shocked.

PS : A very big minus for the TV team. Camera stayed too much on him. After the very firsts seconds everybody understood what happened. Show the stands, other players, benches, the sky, whatever.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
One of the most chilling things I’ve ever watched live. The look in his eyes, if he dies, I’ll never forget that. It was like the lights switched off. Hope it wasn’t an aneurism.

They were doing hardcore CPR, Defibrillator….I couldn’t watch at some points.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Well here's a pic from twitter, supposedly of him awake and responsive on the way out, so take it fwiw...not clear 100% that's him sitting up or someone moving him so still holding my breath until word is official that he's OK:

E3sqBzGXEAEQuaQ

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
One of the most chilling things I’ve ever watched live. The look in his eyes, if he dies, I’ll never forget that. It was like the lights switched off. Hope it wasn’t an aneurism.

They were doing hardcore CPR, Defibrillator….I couldn’t watch at some points.

Just awful. Can still see his face. My wife came in and was curious as to what happened, I rewound and showed her and she had to leave. We had a cat pass on a few weeks ago from throwing a clot and she said it was the same way. Not that this is that.

Terrible.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
BBC: "So the game is going to continue tonight at the players' request. Christian Eriksen is awake and stable."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad