OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
The Euros start next Friday and apparently they will be on regular TV so at least there is that for a month.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t believe it. If Bale didn’t have an issue leaving money on the table he would have moved on from Madrid a while ago. He has one year left on his deal. He will see it out and then sign with someone in the EPL where he will play regularly.

I don’t see him playing for some mid-table club now, so which big club wants him then? By most accounts this guy loves golf and soccer is just a job…..

And why would he walk away from that RM $ when it was Zidane forcing the issue with him? Out of principle, I would have sat and collected every penny I could because of that guy.

31 million more reasons each year currently lol.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I don’t see him playing for some mid-table club now, so which big club wants him then? By most accounts this guy loves golf and soccer is just a job…..

And why would he walk away from that RM $ when it was Zidane forcing the issue with him? Out of principle, I would have sat and collected every penny I could because of that guy.

31 million more reasons each year currently lol.

I think he absolutely loves playing soccer. He loves playing for Wales because he is an important player. What he doesn’t like is training every day so he can sit on the bench on game days because his manager doesn’t rate him for whatever reason.

On a free transfer after this season where he likely won’t be requesting anywhere close to what he earns at Madrid he will have plenty of options IMO. ManUre is an obvious option given they don’t have much on the right wing and depending on what ends up with Salah Liverpool could be also. I wouldn’t be shocked if he went back to Saints either, where he started his career.

That report is the Madrid media having yet another go at him IMO.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
It wasn't sad already that he couldn't crack into the Spurs line-up that barely finished in the top-10?

He's not what he used to be. Even close to it, really. Atleast he's set up for life.

Some of that was because Mourinho had him wrapped in bubble wrap for much of the season because he didn’t trust his fitness. When he played he was definitely a factor.

The question with Bale isn’t quality, it is can he stay fit.

MileHighCapsFan

Mar 12, 2007
Was at the game. First soccer match. Incredible atmosphere. Swore it was over at 2-0 before the first VAR. Then US came right back and scored. Some thing happened at the end of the Honduras-Costa Rica game. One team scores and then lets down and the other surges... thought it was a hockey only phenomenon, but evidently not.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I recorded it so don't post any spoi...... CRAP

jk

I watched the first 10min on my phone and couldn't immediately tell which side was which, and that to me was a good sign.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
A month ago I accepted to meet with some ex-colleagues this coming Friday ... but I completely forgot that the Euro will start on the 11th :facepalm:
And the "problem" is that all 3 colleagues are ... female. And they already booked a restaurant that won't show the game. Even though it's an Italian restaurant. :thumbd:

Sep 19, 2008
Puli legit IIRC

The hand ball meh. But that Horvath save. :eek:

Had heard about this story earlier but did some reading into it today. NWSL (the women's league in the US) has acquired the rights to a 15 year old player. Olivia Moultrie signing with NWSL after trade from Reign to Thorns: Sources

Pretty interesting read there, if you don't have a sub she is basically a 15 year old who turned professional at 13 but sued NWSL who has an 18+ age limit for playing soccer

Kind of interesting that someone that young is already signed with Nike

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
To piggyback on the Jon Rahm vaccine discussion in another thread, so far 2 members of Spain’s Euro team look like they are out of the tournament with COVID. Is it a coincidence that Rahm is Spanish also? Is there more of a don’t get vaccinated if you really aren’t statistically at risk thinking there? Or save the vaccines for those who are at risk?

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
To piggyback on the Jon Rahm vaccine discussion in another thread, so far 2 members of Spain’s Euro team look like they are out of the tournament with COVID. Is it a coincidence that Rahm is Spanish also? Is there more of a don’t get vaccinated if you really aren’t statistically at risk thinking there? Or save the vaccines for those who are at risk?

I work in international business and I've heard there is a LOT of anti-vaxx sentiment in Europe. The campaigns against it aren't limited to the US. It's general disinfo designed to destabilize regions.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I work in international business and I've heard there is a LOT of anti-vaxx sentiment in Europe. The campaigns against it aren't limited to the US. It's general disinfo designed to destabilize regions.

Yeah I hadn’t looked at Europe’s vaccination rates but now that I am while we are at about 43% fully vaccinated and the UK 42% the rest of Western Europe is in the 18-24% range.

Interestingly Canada is at 8.5%…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad