OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
He is still by far the best defender on that team.

Chelsea going crazy in the transfer market, buying basically half of their next seasons roster. Still don't think it's enough to compete for top-2 but likely enough to distance themselves from others fighting for 3rd spot. They've gotten some great bargains.

probably right, but I worry about his lack of pace....

looks like Havertz is about signed.....super excited.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
probably right, but I worry about his lack of pace....

looks like Havertz is about signed.....super excited.

Someone is propably going to make him look stupid time or two in the season but i don't think he's even that slow yet. Either way a guy who can organise your back-line properly can cut down the goals against by half in soccer, and that's much more valuable. John Terry was a good player for several years after he lost his speed.

Havertz and Werner are both ridiculously good signings. I give it 2 years and Timo Werner is the best striker in Europe behind Kylian Mbappe.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Need to admit that Chelsea did a good job in this TW. At least on paper. Now we need to see how fast the chemistry between players and also players/coach will come.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If not a threat to spur action from Barca execs to improve the team then where does he go?

REPORT: Messi Tells Barca He Wants to Leave

Sent a fax...."trade me right f***ing now!"

Essentially. Wants his contract terminated.
giphy.gif

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Aguero and Messi as an Argentine connection up front for MC? And Sterling or Jesus in the mix? Yikes. That would take care of their supposed scoring problems.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lionel Messi tells Barcelona he wants to leave but faces legal battle over clause

Barcelona believe the deadline for that clause to be applied has expired, as he had to inform them of his decision before the end of May. But given the exceptional nature of this season, which extended into the summer and did not formally end until the Champions League final last Sunday, Messi’s camp are set to argue that the deadline should be set on 31 August.

Ummmm Koeman, really?

The Argentinian newspaper Diario Olé has reported that Messi was left angry and frustrated after his first meeting with Koeman. According to Spain’s Diario AS, the new Barcelona coach told Messi “your privileges here are over”.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Just came across my phone that Man City is working on a 3 year deal for Messi to play there and then head to the MLS at some point to play for NYCFC. Don't know if all 3 years would be at Man City or not

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I think Messi is just trying to smoke the Barcelona president out. This is not the first time there has been rumours around him but yet he always gets his wish and stays. Xavi is going to coach them in a year after they elect their new president and Messi is going to want to be there when that happens. Obviously he could always sign a 1-year contract to go elsewhere but clause that allows him to do that expired already. So he goes on record telling them that he doesn't want to stay to ensure that new president is chosen next year.

Reactions: g00n and ovikovy817

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Looks like Suarez might join Juve from Barca. Also appears that Beckham's new Miami MLS club is trying to convince Higuain to join their squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad