OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Dos

Status
Not open for further replies.

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
Horrible goal for Belgium to concede. Don't concede that goal against that negative France side. Kompany, Witsel, Felaini, Alderweireld etc you've got some big units, don't concede to a set piece jesus. If you don't give France that goal then they will actually have to come and attack the game instead of just sitting there, then the Belgian counter attack comes into play. They will be so disappointed conceding that goal. Didn't enjoy the French performance one little bit. The players they have at their disposal and 10 players behind the ball 95% of the time? f*** that, you don't want a team like that to win anything.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Horrible goal for Belgium to concede. Don't concede that goal against that negative France side. Kompany, Witsel, Felaini, Alderweireld etc you've got some big units, don't concede to a set piece jesus. If you don't give France that goal then they will actually have to come and attack the game instead of just sitting there, then the Belgian counter attack comes into play. They will be so disappointed conceding that goal. Didn't enjoy the French performance one little bit. The players they have at their disposal and 10 players behind the ball 95% of the time? **** that, you don't want a team like that to win anything.

They don't play to entertain you, they play to win.

Reactions: 895

Jun 15, 2007
Horrible goal for Belgium to concede. Don't concede that goal against that negative France side. Kompany, Witsel, Felaini, Alderweireld etc you've got some big units, don't concede to a set piece jesus. If you don't give France that goal then they will actually have to come and attack the game instead of just sitting there, then the Belgian counter attack comes into play. They will be so disappointed conceding that goal. Didn't enjoy the French performance one little bit. The players they have at their disposal and 10 players behind the ball 95% of the time? **** that, you don't want a team like that to win anything.
The Washington Capitals just 1-3-1 trapped their way to a Stanley Cup.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
For all the talk of soccer being the world's game, it's gonna come down to two European countries separated by only 20 miles.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
World_cup_winners.png

Map of World Cup winners.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
World_cup_winners.png

Map of World Cup winners.

We're talking about a competition that has been played only 21 times. Of course you'll see many of the same teams winning when they've had historically the best players. Doesn't mean that football isn't a worldwide sport. The World Cup final is watched by billions of people, there is not a single event that draws more attention of the public.

Reactions: ovikovy817

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Meh, I don’t care how many different teams have won the World Cup. A France/England final could be fun.

Reactions: searle

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
We're talking about a competition that has been played only 21 times. Of course you'll see many of the same teams winning when they've had historically the best players. Doesn't mean that football isn't a worldwide sport. The World Cup final is watched by billions of people, there is not a single event that draws more attention of the public.

I was adding to your point about it being beyond Europe.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
This game tonight feels so much like Caps in the playoffs. The hope is there that we might get something done, but there's that horrible nagging feeling pretty overwhelmingly expecting us to mess it up somehow! But hey if the Caps can break the hoodoo, maybe England can!

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Guys, Caps did many spectacular things on the way to the cup. France did those in 1 game only (against no defense Argentina). So I'd say they are not similar.

Caps scored many goals, and those were good goals.

Yesterday it was 1 corner and full team defense most of the game.

Still, Croatia over England.

PS: We rarely see spectacular finals honestly. France-Belgium was one for sure. Pre medal round games are always more entertaining. As it was this time.

PPS: Brazil-Germany 1:7 was really once in a lifetime.

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Guys, Caps did many spectacular things on the way to the cup. France did those in 1 game only (against no defense Argentina). So I'd say they are not similar.

Caps scored many goals, and those were good goals.

Yesterday it was 1 corner and full team defense most of the game.

Still, Croatia over England.

PS: We rarely see spectacular finals honestly. France-Belgium was one for sure. Pre medal round games are always more entertaining. As it was this time.

PPS: Brazil-Germany 1:7 was really once in a lifetime.

You're really trying to compare football and ice hockey?:sarcasm:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Who do you think will be the best player in the world once it stop being Messi/Ronaldo?

Probably Neymar, but I hope not. I’m just saying Mbappe hasn’t shown me enough to believe he’s going to be on that level.....a step below maybe. He’s young, let’s see how he continues to evolve.

Jun 15, 2007
Probably Neymar, but I hope not. I’m just saying Mbappe hasn’t shown me enough to believe he’s going to be on that level.....a step below maybe. He’s young, let’s see how he continues to evolve.
I'm mostly rooting against Neymar because's a douche.

Actually...Mbappe has had some pretty embarassing dives and time wasting too...

Reactions: CapitalsCupFantasy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad