OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cuatro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I feel bad for Saka. There should have been a more experienced player who insisted on taking one.

Reactions: g00n

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
They rolled the dice with the kids and it ended up being a horrific mistake. Can't really blame them because the pressure is enormous and Donnarumma is a monster. I hope their kids can shake it off.

After all, it's the right winner. They were better tonight and the more deserving winner as they had a much tougher route.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
After all, it's the right winner. They were better tonight and the more deserving winner as they had a much tougher route.

Agreed. ITA was the better team from the middle of the 1st till the end. The better team won.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
PKs in a Euro final seems like something you want vets handling. May have overthought that one, believing there would be less of a book on them.

Odd that Italy never looked as good as they did early in the tournament and still went all the way. Just enough to get the job done.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They rolled the dice with the kids and it ended up being a horrific mistake. Can't really blame them because the pressure is enormous and Donnarumma is a monster. I hope their kids can shake it off.

Southgate gonna get roasted, and rightfully so, but Italy deserved the title.

No Sterling, no Grealish, subbing on your PK takers with one minute left so they're kicking cold, choosing a 19 year old as your anchor shooter... woof.

Oh, and they stopped playing after the first 20 minutes. Italy must have had the ball for 70% of the game after the initial 15 and I don't recall a single decent scoring chance in the second half for England. They looked like Barry Trotz was coaching them in a Game 7.

Reactions: g00n

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Southgate gonna get roasted, and rightfully so, but Italy deserved the title.

No Sterling, no Grealish, subbing on your PK takers with one minute left so they're kicking cold, choosing a 19 year old as your anchor shooter... woof.

Oh, and they stopped playing after the first 20 minutes. Italy must have had the ball for 70% of the game after the initial 15 and I don't recall a single decent scoring chance in the second half for England. They looked like Barry Trotz was coaching them in a Game 7.

62/38 Italy to be exact…

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Only England's game is predictable to me.

Spain looks like a young team not in full force. Switzerland is a good squad. They can win certainly.
Belgium is kind of old and could be playing without some leaders. Even if they manage to field Hazard/KDB they arent 100% most probably. Italy looks like it lacks some power. I think we can see any result here too.
Denmark and Czech is another game where both teams have a good chance. They will fight for the rare seminal with their minds focused as hell. Good opportunity, big pressure and I dont know who will be more ready. I think these two are lesser teams in quarters and they still can win by opponents mistake. For the record, I like Swiss more than both DK/CZ.

I didnt like England's game today but if they can manage it mentally maybe they can defend their goal in every game to the end. Hopefully some other team with flashier game wins the tournament.

Today Germany played better football to my eyes and still lost. Its not always the better team.

I didnt watch many games but by comments I get that my assessment wasnt that far from reality? Anyone?

I like Italians though, so liked their win. I guess it was Salvatore Schillaci who made me a fan of their football team.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Was out all day, kind of glad I did not see this game (my Dad is English. Can't say I really support them, but my Dad
and my English relatives are going to be bummed).

We as Caps fans know the experience of making it all the way to the top only to be denied in the 11th hour (ie 1998).
England will probably never get this chance again, not in my lifetime anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad