OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cinco

Status
Not open for further replies.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

“My last information is we have a plane and we can go by plane and come back by plane. If not we go by train, if not by bus, if not I will drive a seven-seater,” Tuchel said.

This guy is awesome…

trick9

Jun 2, 2013

“My last information is we have a plane and we can go by plane and come back by plane. If not we go by train, if not by bus, if not I will drive a seven-seater,” Tuchel said.

This guy is awesome…
In the middle of all of this Chelsea has won 10 of their last 11 games... the one they didn't win was the penalty affair against Liverpool.

Impressive... although Liverpool and City don't seem to drop too many points. But they are very close to the top-4 threshold already... 67 points was ahead last season and 66 the season before. Liverpool was 3rd last season with 69 points and Man U the season before with 66... Chelsea has 59 points already with 10 games remaining. Their next 3 games are against Brentford, Southampton and Leeds.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
What a rollercoaster of a season for Arsenal. It looked like the world was ending and that Arteta was about to get canned the first few games of the season and now they have the inside track for a top 4 finish and a Champions League spot to go along with it. GD and GF still weak compared to the other top three so there’s seemingly some distance between the top three and then spots four through eight but they look like a completely different team and they’re playing with a ton of confidence.

Getting rid of Auba doesn’t seem to be hurting them at all.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
What a rollercoaster of a season for Arsenal. It looked like the world was ending and that Arteta was about to get canned the first few games of the season and now they have the inside track for a top 4 finish and a Champions League spot to go along with it. GD and GF still weak compared to the other top three so there’s seemingly some distance between the top three and then spots four through eight but they look like a completely different team and they’re playing with a ton of confidence.

Getting rid of Auba doesn’t seem to be hurting them at all.

Auba was clearly not on board with Arteta and likely undermining his ability to bring the squad together. There were reports of factions.

Ramsdale is also a huge part of the turnaround, as Leno was proving to be wet trash.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I read the Auba clash was with Arteta….that the players loved him.

I think Auba had the superstar attitude and wouldn't get in line, and it split the locker room between those backing Auba vs Arteta. Not that the ones siding with the coach didn't like Auba. Complicated.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
He’s a dick….does anyone care about his opinion?

The best part of that link was him getting served.
It comes across to me as he knew the answer when he asked it and it was a joke. I’m not sure I’d classify that as getting ‘served’ but whatever.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
When I see Arriola, Morris, Ferreira, Roldan, Lletget, and Zardes on the squad and not guys like Sargent, Brooks, and Pefok who are all in terrific form overseas I’m going to punch a lot of air.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Dest currently on the turf in pain with a hammy during 2H of UEL match. Whoops, limping off now.

Great.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
No Dest or Weston would be really bad. Gio plays a different role than McKinnie but his return would offset WM’s loss a bit, but there’s a huge drop off from Dest to Cannon/Yedlin/whoever else.

Shit like this is why Berhalter giving away points earlier in the qualification cycle with terrible roster and lineup choices was so frustrating. Starting an MLS team against Panama was very dumb then and it looks worse now. They still need results to qualify and now they’re down two of their best position players and they may be down to their third choice goalkeeper as well with Turner and Steffen on the shelf with injuries.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Not calling Brooks into camp is inexcusable. He’s started 10 straight for Wolfsburg and has played very well. Gregg saying he has some things he needs to clean up before coming back to camp his ridiculous. The dude can play the full 90 against Bayern, Dortmund, etc but he needs to work on some things before he plays Panama and Costa Rica.

Berhalter sucks.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not calling Brooks into camp is inexcusable. He’s started 10 straight for Wolfsburg and has played very well. Gregg saying he has some things he needs to clean up before coming back to camp his ridiculous. The dude can play the full 90 against Bayern, Dortmund, etc but he needs to work on some things before he plays Panama and Costa Rica.

Berhalter sucks.

your Berhalter anger makes me giggle. Please continue. ;)

last I saw Brooks he was very average.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
your Berhalter anger makes me giggle. Please continue. ;)

last I saw Brooks he was very average.
Glad I could help! He’s f***ing ass. He has the best talent pool the US has ever had with almost a full starting eleven playing Champions or Europa league soccer and way more than a starting eleven playing big minutes in the best leagues in the world and he insists on rostering duds from the MLS who have done nothing to justify repeated call ups.

We’re still not assured of qualifying. He was an average coach in MLS and bombed out hard overseas… how US Soccer thought he deserved this job is wild.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Glad I could help! He’s f***ing ass. He has the best talent pool the US has ever had with almost a full starting eleven playing Champions or Europa league soccer and way more than a starting eleven playing big minutes in the best leagues in the world and he insists on rostering duds from the MLS who have done nothing to justify repeated call ups.

We’re still not assured of qualifying. He was an average coach in MLS and bombed out hard overseas… how US Soccer thought he deserved this job is wild.
So…..you would just pick the guys playing at the big European clubs? Feels like plenty of MLS players deserve some consideration.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
So…..you would just pick the guys playing at the big European clubs? Feels like plenty of MLS players deserve some consideration.
I would simply pick the best players and the best players are likely those playing big minutes for the biggest clubs against the other biggest clubs on the biggest stages. I would pick the players that allow the team to attack and press instead of playing timid soccer with no real plan on how to create offense outside of set pieces hoping to squeak by sides like Panama, Jamaica, and Costa Rica.

There are certainly guys in the MLS that deserve selection and playing time so I’m not saying ban the MLS but it’s super frustrating watching really good talent being ignored.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I would simply pick the best players and the best players are likely those playing big minutes for the biggest clubs against the other biggest clubs on the biggest stages. I would pick the players that allow the team to attack and press instead of playing timid soccer with no real plan on how to create offense outside of set pieces hoping to squeak by sides like Panama, Jamaica, and Costa Rica.

There are certainly guys in the MLS that deserve selection and playing time so I’m not saying ban the MLS but it’s super frustrating watching really good talent being ignored.

I have to give some rope to GB when it comes to factoring in chemistry In his picks. It can’t simply be an all star roster. You still need role players and glue guys.

would be interesting to see an analysis of the selections taking into account, form, health, etc….

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I have to give some rope to GB when it comes to factoring in chemistry In his picks. It can’t simply be an all star roster. You still need role players and glue guys.

would be interesting to see an analysis of the selections taking into account, form, health, etc….
Given the chasm in quality of play between the two leagues those have to be incredible chemistry issues to select an MLS guy over a regular in the Bundesliga. Sure Wolfsburg is not having a great season but they aren’t in relegation trouble either. Brooks plays every week against some of the best players in the world in one of the best leagues in the world. Not selecting him is a definite head scratcher IMO.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions

Why do you have to give him some rope? He’s the least qualified and deserving coach of the USMNT since…? Certainly in the recent era Arena, Klinsmann, and Bradley were all more qualified and all did more with less.

Berhalter was an average coach at Columbus. He bombed out domestically and overseas because his teams couldn’t score goals and his tactics were widely panned as pretty elementary and easy to defend against. The season after he was canned his old team was second in their league in scoring and secured promotion for the first time in five years with largely the same roster he sputtered around with for a few seasons.

Some of these guys he’s choosing from the MLS aren’t even regular performers in the MLS. Arrival was just pointed out of DC United and got selected over Josh Sargent who is scoring goals for a relegation team in the Premier League.

It’s become tiring watching the guys on the field try and succeed in spite of their dunce of a manager. Aside from stomping Honduras who are abysmal , and who they actually needed a second half comeback against, they have secure two of the other nine possible road points: 0 vs Canada who ran them off the field and then GB inexplicably stated they dominated against and 1 each vs Jamaica and El Salvador (both of which already eliminated). It’s just not good enough.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Who on the latest selection isn’t an MLS regular? And….are they starting or warming the bench?

And I give him some rope because fans don’t have the full picture/considerations that go into roster selections.

I’m results oriented, therefor I will judge him on the team results.

Speaking to reporters about Brooks' exclusion, Berhalter said he had a "good conversation with him and explained to him that this is our thinking for the window."

"This is what we chose to do in this window. It doesn't determine his future with the national team. And I think that's a very important distinction," Berhalter said. "Like all these guys who weren't included in the initial roster, it doesn't mean that they don't have a role to play in the future.

So we did what we thought was best for this window in a way we want to play and sometimes we leave players out, sometimes we bring them in based on our opponents and based on what we're trying to do in this window."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad