OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Cinco

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Didn't see it. Here's the highlight vid starting, well, at the end of the game.

Reyna...

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002

Gomez expressed doubts about Berhalter's capabilities as the head coach and urged the US FA to do away with him as quickly as possible before the 2026 World Cup.
“Gregg Berhalter was two seconds, was a play away from everybody calling for his head. From everybody saying this isn’t the man to lead this team," he said while hosting Futbol Americas.

"And I don’t think I feel too much differently today after this game as I did before it. Gregg Berhalter may be a good coach at a certain level. He’s not the coach for the US Men’s National team at this level, not the coach to lead the US Men’s National team to the World Cup in 2026.”

@AlexBrovechkin8

Eirikrautha

Gomez expressed doubts about Berhalter's capabilities as the head coach and urged the US FA to do away with him as quickly as possible before the 2026 World Cup.
“Gregg Berhalter was two seconds, was a play away from everybody calling for his head. From everybody saying this isn’t the man to lead this team," he said while hosting Futbol Americas.

"And I don’t think I feel too much differently today after this game as I did before it. Gregg Berhalter may be a good coach at a certain level. He’s not the coach for the US Men’s National team at this level, not the coach to lead the US Men’s National team to the World Cup in 2026.”

@AlexBrovechkin8

Ehhh. Gomez has a real vendetta against Berhalter; this is well known. For a more balanced perspective, including opinions of current and former players (as well as Pulsic, who is bigtime pro-Berhalter):

Is Gregg Berhalter a good coach for the USMNT?
(Note: Requires an ESPN+ membership)

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

@AlexBrovechkin8
I didn’t watch the game but statistically the US utterly dominated the game. But you would expect something similar when the underdog scores in the first minute and sits back and hopes to soak up pressure for the rest of the game and try to steal a result.

But a 78/22 possession advantage, 25/6 shot advantage, and 12/3 corner advantage doesn’t scream a coach driven lack of urgency to me. That kind of dominance more likely points to the players simply not getting it done, or at least taking way longer than they should have to find a way through.

But again I didn’t actually watch the game…

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Liverpool moving all their eggs into the EPL basket after an epic bed shitting at Anfield today…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad