Discovery Channel delivers head shot to Pittsburgh Penguins

OilerPensfan97

Feb 27, 2014
Saint John, NB
Owned

I hate the Penguins marketing machine - they're complete idiots

hey guys our mascot is a penguin sooo funny right?

so tired and such a lame joke, and somehow the ****ing discovery channel comes out looking more concerned about the team's performance than the organization

i don't know why this annoys me so much

You all have to complain about every little thing that happens, whether it's relevant or not. Get a grip. It's a wonder some of you are even Pens fans; you criticize them more than you cheer them on. If you hate them that much, just move on. You're better off cheering for someone you aren't going to ***** about and annoying the rest of the forum.

People like you make me sick. We've made the playoffs how many times in a row, and you still complain? I know they have almost all been early exits, but there are teams like the Oilers who haven't made the playoffs in nearly a decade with no hope until now. You have it good compared to them so just quit it.

JTG

Sep 30, 2007
she's a little thick for my tastes but I'll take just about anything

Win

:laugh: This board is really rough to come into as of late. Pens did that to themselves, but god almighty it is a very low low right now for the Pens.

Some will point to the early 80s or x-gen years for the lowest lows of Pens, but it was easier because the team was at least likable. This team should have success, but doesn't, and is very unlikable. The marketing went from some of the best stuff ever (Great Day For Hockey) to nonstop Fall Out Boy and idiotic promos. The ice-crew are a bunch of douches. The media is the worst. :laugh: Man it's a rough time for the Pens right now!

I have been saying for a few years now, this place is getting hard to handle. It's resorted to a consistent group think *****-fest, and has no real substance in terms of the actual hockey discussion. The fact that you willingly sign up to moderate this abortion is crazy to me.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh
I have been saying for a few years now, this place is getting hard to handle. It's resorted to a consistent group think *****-fest, and has no real substance in terms of the actual hockey discussion. The fact that you willingly sign up to moderate this abortion is crazy to me.

Pretty much this.

I'm about as cynical as anyone, I'm the guy that's thinking about how historical of a collapse it would be when the team is winning 6-0 in the third period, but not everything is some wide reaching conspiracy that foretells the downfall of the franchise. I still come here because I enjoy the insight of some posters and there aren't that many decent discussion boards where you can get an outside perspective, but it's gotten really bad here lately.

Those of us saying chill out aren't saying everything is peachy and that the team is fine, we're saying there's some middle ground between that and whatever the hell is going on in this thread. I'm pissed off at a lot of the things that the team has been doing lately, but when you're digging up pictures of the person running the twitter account and mocking their level of education, it's probably time to take a deep breath and take a step back for a bit.

Last edited:

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Wow, many of you guys take things far too seriously. How about taking the summer off from being miserable, might do you well.

Five pages or so later, I'm still with this guy. Too many of you are sitting around looking for the next thing to be pissed off about. Take a break, October will be here before you know it and you will have spent your whole summer *****ing about a Twitter feed, a coach and GM who are already removed from the process, the size of the ice in the NHL, etc....

I'd like to see someone on this board find something positive either with the Pens or in their own lives. Hell, I don't care if someone posts pictures of rainbows and puppies, just be positive about something.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
You all have to complain about every little thing that happens, whether it's relevant or not. Get a grip. It's a wonder some of you are even Pens fans; you criticize them more than you cheer them on. If you hate them that much, just move on. You're better off cheering for someone you aren't going to ***** about and annoying the rest of the forum.

People like you make me sick. We've made the playoffs how many times in a row, and you still complain? I know they have almost all been early exits, but there are teams like the Oilers who haven't made the playoffs in nearly a decade with no hope until now. You have it good compared to them so just quit it.

So we should compare the success of the Penguins franchise to that of the worst in hockey?

That said, I agree especially within this thread, some posters are going way overboard. As Zen said, not everything is a conspiracy. They are just a mediocre to poorly run franchise with two generational talents that pretend they are a best in class organization.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004

Last time I checked, nobody is putting a gun to your head and forcing you to read the posts. If you don't enjoy the content around here, the best option might be to not read it.

Gotta love the irony of people complaining about the negative tone of the board, and then complaining about it. :laugh:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad