Discontent Sabre fan? Which team would you adopt for the next few seasons?

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
Everyone should have a western conference fling on the side

LOL

I actually like the Hawks a lot.

I love those classic uni's.

Great players.

I even love the goal song.

And you gotta love that opera guy belting out the anthem and rocking that arena like no other in the league. If you've ever been to the United Center for a game, and I have, it's a cool experience.

FanboySlayer*

I always have other teams that I have interest in - usually teams that are turning it around, like to see bad teams in the early stages of a turnaround, Toronto for one, Colorado.

I like Original 6 teams, nostalgia.I like watching rookies with potential greatness in their earliest days, so I've been watching Nashville games just for Seth Jones.

I also check out teams that close friends are hardcore fans of.

I also root for franchises who have never won a Stanley Cup that have a shot at it - St. Louis.

I love watching Chicago, they play the way I wish the Sabres played, love the energy of their building.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
While always a Sabres fan before all else I have always had an B team or player in the West. Canucks during the Linden days, Flames during the Iginla and RR days. Now I keep an eye out on Edmonton just to watch the talented forwards and the tyre fire between the pipes and the Sharks to watch Jumbo Joe.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I seriously wouldn't want to be the fan when a team rebuild actually works, that knew they took a break from the team. It will feel so much better when they win knowing that you stuck by them.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
I seriously wouldn't want to be the fan when a team rebuild actually works, that knew they took a break from the team. It will feel so much better when they win knowing that you stuck by them.

I plan on checking out the Niagara Icedogs a few times. McDavid and the Otters roll through on 11/2 and I wouldn't mind a look at him.

Prospector74

Jul 5, 2011
Leonardtown, MD
This is a sucky team but it's my sucky team. Wish it was different but it isn't. Would be easier to endure the suck if we had a cup in our history but it is what it is. Sabres to the end. I am locked in, like Ahab lashed to Moby Dick plunging under the frigid, salty water screaming at the insanity of it all until the whale dies, I die, or we rise in above the waves in glorious triumph.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo
This is a sucky team but it's my sucky team. Wish it was different but it isn't. Would be easier to endure the suck if we had a cup in our history but it is what it is. Sabres to the end. I am locked in, like Ahab lashed to to Moby Dick until the whale dies, I die, or we rise in glorious triumph.

Exactly, We've all know guys who have a different favorite team in any given sport depending on whose good. I don't want to be that guy. I've been a Sabres fan for the life of the franchise. I'm not stopping now.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Leafs' fan coming in peace. You've got a great club going through some tough times right now. Stick with them no matter what and stay true to your colours. Believe me. I know. I've supported the Leafs through spells that would turn most clubs to dust. You just have to dig in and take it for a little while. But it does get better eventually.

BTW, can't wait to hit Buffalo again. A group of us are planning on heading to a Bisons' game some time next year to watch a ballgame in a real ballpark and not the concrete mess we call "Rogers Centre". We're definitely going to hit the Mulberry again, too (some of the best Italian food I've ever had). Love your city.

StlSwedes

Dec 3, 2009
Wife is from St. Louis. I watch some of the Blues games, they are fun to watch. Good hockey and all.

jamers

bleep bop bloop
Sep 17, 2011
They may be a flaming pile of poop on the ice, but they're my flaming pile of poop. Can't root for anyone else with more than a passing interest.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013
I plan on checking out the Niagara Icedogs a few times. McDavid and the Otters roll through on 11/2 and I wouldn't mind a look at him.

Thats fine. Hopefully you'll be watching a future Sabre.

I guess I meant that I wouldn't cheer for another NHL team the way I do for the Sabres. There are other NHL teams I like, I'm just not going to drop the Sabres and call another team my team.

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011
I'll never abandon my team. I'll be a Sabres fan until the day I die. However, having spent much of my childhood in Missouri, I root for the Blues and consider them my second favorite team. I don't think it'd be too hard for me to become a hardcore Blues fan if the Sabres' franchise ceased to exist. At the same time I'd support my team even if they relocated. I always wondered about Winnipeg fans in Atlanta, Stars fans in Minnesota and Hurricanes fans in Hartford at separate points in time, etc. l wouldn't have a problem with it.

dire wolf

immaculate vibes
May 9, 2006
Out in LA
I got this idea from a poster in another thread who suggested that if you don't like what's going on with the Sabres, maybe you should go find another team to follow.

I like it, lol. It'll be sort of a Sabres-fan hibernation.

Who will you follow?

Hmmmm, I kinda like the Pens, but that's an easy one.

Sorry, mate. Can't do it. That's not how it works.

Kublakhan

Lets Go Buffalo !!!
Jan 24, 2013
North Tonawanda
There-can-be-only-one.jpg

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
I'll be rooting for Detroit in the playoffs, more out of respect than out of love or anything (that franchise is run how every franchise should be run).

That doesn't mean I'll watch games though, can't be arsed to stay up all night if Buffalo isn't playing.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
I have a western conference gumar. San Jose is a team I make a point To watch because of the time zone difference. And I want them to get over the hump.

I abuse my gamecenter and center ice packages. So much hockey. But I don't root for anyone but my Sabre boys. Even through this nonsense. 82 games baby

SECRET SQUIRREL

Jan 17, 2007
Clarence
Leafs' fan coming in peace. You've got a great club going through some tough times right now. Stick with them no matter what and stay true to your colours. Believe me. I know. I've supported the Leafs through spells that would turn most clubs to dust. You just have to dig in and take it for a little while. But it does get better eventually.

BTW, can't wait to hit Buffalo again. A group of us are planning on heading to a Bisons' game some time next year to watch a ballgame in a real ballpark and not the concrete mess we call "Rogers Centre". We're definitely going to hit the Mulberry again, too (some of the best Italian food I've ever had). Love your city.

Mulberry is incredible, top 5 restaurant in the area.... tho I'm sure as your driving there you totally think you were in a demilitarized zone and had a horrible joke played on you...

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
Mulberry is incredible, top 5 restaurant in the area.... tho I'm sure as your driving there you totally think you were in a demilitarized zone and had a horrible joke played on you...

I think that only adds to its charm to tell you the truth. I have a rather large appreciation for neigbourhoods with character and that certainly fits the bill. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad