Discontent Sabre fan? Which team would you adopt for the next few seasons?

Squantosawuss

Dec 10, 2010
B-lo
I got this idea from a poster in another thread who suggested that if you don't like what's going on with the Sabres, maybe you should go find another team to follow.

I like it, lol. It'll be sort of a Sabres-fan hibernation.

Who will you follow?

Hmmmm, I kinda like the Pens, but that's an easy one.

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I like watching other teams (most notably the Pens and Sharks), but they'll always come second to this tire fire.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Don't go anywhere,

You are drafting correctly, and should develop correctly.

Your centers and defense prospects/young guys are off the charts. You have 2 key peices that would/will help the turnaround when/if they are dealt.

If the sabres walk into the draft with 3 first rounders (one of which being top 3), this team will be set.

I'm jealous of your prospect pool, and it will show soon enough.

Your GM needs to do the right thing and gain the best value for your vets, and develop the youth correctly. Wont be long before we see the Sabres, big, mean and contending in the east.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Never ever abandon your team!!

That said, I have always determined that if Buffalo were to cease to be an organization (as at one point that was the concern), I would likely become a Blackhawks fan.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
I've always had a 'B' team, and it's been the Ducks for the last 5-10 years. Right now it's VERY comforting. It makes me no less of a Sabre fan, just a confused one when I go to that game. You do get a big Mr. Yuck sticker for even considering the Pens, tho. I'd rather chew on tin foil.

Never ever abandon your team!!

That said, I have always determined that if Buffalo were to cease to be an organization (as at one point that was the concern), I would likely become a Blackhawks fan.

It's hard not to like CHI(except the goal song). They're like DET w/o that yucky feeling inside.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
I'm not abandoning the Sabres for anything, but as my avatar suggests, I'm interested in how the Avs do over the next couple years.

Disengage

Nov 11, 2007
amerks.gif

The only correct answer.

Zeke14

Jun 4, 2010
Massachusetts
Everyone should have a western conference fling on the side - I have lehtonen in a fantasy league (along with a couple other Stars) and still enjoy seeing Lindy's ties.

Dallas for me.

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011
If you run out on the Sabres now, don't come back after they turn the corner and act like you stuck with them all along.

Supporting a losing team builds character. And helps put sports in perspective. :)

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Sabres till death. #nosacrificenovictory

That said, I'm a Sabres fan first and hockey fan second, so I will watch and enjoy any game at any time between any two teams.

Living in Central Illinois, I'll have front row seats to the CHI/STL rivalry for the next few years. Should be cool.

heartsabres*

Got a soft spot for Winnipeg....was a huge Hawerchuk fan. That being said, sabres until then end!

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
Everyone should have a western conference fling on the side - I have lehtonen in a fantasy league (along with a couple other Stars) and still enjoy seeing Lindy's ties.

Dallas for me.

I get to see a handful of Stars games every year, and Lehtonen is awesome. They play well in front of him, too. Them and the Ducks have no love lost between them, either. Some real hate there for sure, and that's not something you see much anymore.

omglolnub

Jun 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I live in LA and Kings games are relatively inexpensive. My roommate is die-hard Kings fan. Might pay a little more attention to them with the Sabres being terribad to not get apathetic towards hockey in general, as watching Sabres games has been doing.

Karate Johnson*

I have no interest in watching any hockey if the Sabres aren't relevant.

LaFontaineToMogilny

Jul 16, 2013
I love hockey, and enjoy watching other teams just to see the game. That said, the worse the Sabres play, the less I enjoy seeing other teams play better. If (god forbid) there were no more Buffalo Sabres, I would no longer watch the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad