Discontent Sabre fan? Which team would you adopt for the next few seasons?

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
I spoke to my cousins in St. Catharines last night - all of whom are Sabres fans - and I mentioned this thread. They pretty much shared its general sentiment: "Sabres 'til I die" and rightfully so.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
"Sabres 'til you die" applies until playoffs start. When there's no favorite to root for, but there's still a team or two you don't hate, it doesn't hurt to indulge in rooting for a team that can actually play decent hockey.

I still don't have a team that qualifies in the East, but in the West I've always pulled for Minnesota and St. Louis. Their fan bases deserve something for the many fruitless years, just like Buffalo.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
I'm going down with this ship, no matter how far down she goes.

Barring the untimely death of myself or the team, that will never change.

If the Sabres were to not exist, I would likely cheer for the Leafs but the connection would never be as powerful as it is with Buffalo. My Dad is a die hard Leafs fan though and I know how happy he would be if they won. I kind of want to see him be that happy so yeah, I'd pick them.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
"Sabres 'til you die" applies until playoffs start. When there's no favorite to root for, but there's still a team or two you don't hate, it doesn't hurt to indulge in rooting for a team that can actually play decent hockey.

I still don't have a team that qualifies in the East, but in the West I've always pulled for Minnesota and St. Louis. Their fan bases deserve something for the many fruitless years, just like Buffalo.

I don't watch playoff hockey unless the Sabres are in it.

In fact, the only non-Sabre hockey I will watch is Team Canada related.

OhreallyOrielly

good 2b a tankster
Apr 8, 2007
Buffalo

For me, playoff hockey is all about hate. Who do I want to win any given series? The team I hate least.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I grew up in a Rangers household so I always support them. Sharks are my 2nd favorite/westcoast team...I like Chicago alot and rarely find myself cheering against them...after that it was comes down to whos playing who in the playoffs I dont care about anyone but Sabres and those 3 in the regular season...

outside of the fact I blatantly cheer against Carolina, Ottawa, The Habs, The B's, and the Leafs lol...oh and Philly and Pitt...I like the haterade

cybresabre

prōject positivity
Feb 27, 2002
+
Why? I hate all other teams anyway. Last thing I want to do is see them experience joy. I also just find it boring. I generally dislike modern era hockey actually. Sabres are the exception.
Focus on the constant physical beatings and the heartbreaking disappointment that 93.75% of the playoff teams will face, then!

MayDay

Oct 21, 2005
Pleasantville, NY
Nome. Because I'm not a fair weather fan, like the hordes in Chicago and Boston who suddenly showed up when their teams finally got good again.

The team sucks but that's what happens in a rebuild. I think stockpiling young talent through the draft is the right approach, and I'm going to watch it play out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad