Dirty hit by Borowiecki on Toffoli

CrashBartley

Nov 19, 2014
Oh my god, why are all those Kings players jumping in there when their player is on the ice like that... :sarcasm:

Seriously though... brutal.
That's the same thought I had. No one even cared the scrum happened after the hit this time. Why not?

And it's a suspendable hit. 2 games

Omni Owl

No fun, only 1-3-1
Mar 9, 2008
Well, at least he was suspended in the first place. You never know with this league...

gambitlebo

Apr 28, 2006
That's the same thought I had. No one even cared the scrum happened after the hit this time. Why not?

And it's a suspendable hit. 2 games

Because Toffoli was on his knees and not laying there knocked out.

Stupid, I know. I posted the same thing in another thread. Players tripping over the player they are trying to "protect" in order to beat up a player is stupid and needs to stop.

I'm fine with every player involved getting a penalty. You can "defend" your teammate but either do it away from the injured player or later in the game. Some of that also goes on the player that committed the injury because they usually stop and stand over the player.

You see it all the time when a player comes too close to the goalie and someone decides to cross check that player to make sure there is contact, like the Price situation*.

* EDIT: Not trying to single out Montreal because literally EVERY team in the league shoves players into their goalies after the play is over. So stupid and something I will never understand.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Agree with the suspension, but the DOPS is still very inconsistent.

A similar hit involved Lazar against the Penguins, but there was no call on the play. Lazar ended up with a concussion.

If the NHL really cares about stopping concussions, they need to prevent hits like this:

https://gfycat.com/BothFaroffHarpyeagle

Yes, it looks like the initial point of contact was not the head, but he still got hit in the back into the glass.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad