Dirty hit by Borowiecki on Toffoli

SensNation613

Dec 30, 2013
Ottawa
absolutely agree, gudas can push the envelope a little too far too often. just arguing he's nowhere near comparable to borowiecki, a duster who happens to wear an NHL jersey.

Yeah of course, Borowiecki is more of a 7th defenseman due to his complete lack of an all round game other than hitting, fighting and shot blocking.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Baffles me how hits like this don't result in game misconduct and suspensions but lesser hits do...I'll never understand this league...

there were several pre-season hits that were much less obvious than this (hard hits to the numbers) that were given suspensions.

how was this not a game misconduct?!

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
The guy had his gloves off before Toffoli hit the ice after the hit. He knew it was dirty and was ready to fight. Not sure why he wasn't given an extra 5 for fighting and thrown out of the game.:shakehead

Helistin

Dustin's equilibrium
Aug 12, 2006
Close to you
The guy had his gloves off before Toffoli hit the ice after the hit. He knew it was dirty and was ready to fight. Not sure why he wasn't given an extra 5 for fighting and thrown out of the game.:shakehead

Seems like his plan on the ice was to throw an illegal hit to stir something up.

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Uh??? Every fan base. :laugh:

I can't believe that lesson took 21,000 posts... :laugh:

What a gross display. You could almost argue "borderline play" except that the instant he made contact he was dropping the gloves.

tumblr_mj9ivqTHJK1rlo1q2o1_1280.jpg

rhinoshawarma

Nov 15, 2014
It looks like Boro went around to his back instead of hitting him straight on/shoulder hit. What the hell, could of easily been clean lol but he went for the back into the boards. Weird, but suspension coming

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Toffoli turned but Borowiecki had half an hour to decide to not hit the guy... and he did anyway...

Just such a dumb play to make. There's no way this isn't deliberate unless you think Borowiecki's brain power is turtle slow (and who knows, maybe it is).

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Loool I love Neil, I do like him as our 12th guy and he was so good in his prime. He also got hated on by fans when he would regularly receive powerplay time.

Borowiecki & Desharnais aren't AHL fodder like most of the fanbases claim. They can actively contribute to an NHL team in very small roles. Both our team have used these players excessively in the past. Unfortunately for Desharnais, his skillset is not good enough for the top six but his game doesn't suit your typical bottom six.

Luckily for Sens fans, Boucher has put him in a decent position for success at a small scale. Borowiecki averages about 9-15 minutes a game now compared to last season where he played 17-21 minutes a night. He's been getting hated on alot in the past week due to his increased usage when Methot was injured (Played about 20min+ to replace MM3s minutes). I guess what I'm trying to say is, he isn't terrible in a limited role where he can lay hits, fight and block shots but he has had an increase in minutes which caused more mistakes.

His minutes:
https://www.nhl.com/player/mark-borowiecki-8474697?stats=gamelogs-r-nhl&season=20162017

You can compare that to his other seasons. Borowiecki in limited minutes is not a horrible player. I just wish we signed Seidenberg so that if injuries were to strike, we'd have a player capable of taking on more minutes :cry:

Some players are capable of moving up and down the line-up but Borowiecki is not able to do this while staying effective.

I should rephrase. DD has no place on a team going anywhere. He's an adequate stop gap for a rebuilding team.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
That's the problem with Boro....too focused on making a big hit and completely clueless with everything else going on around him. Dangerous hit that definitely deserves a suspension.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
I hate when players turn last second (many times to draw the call) but that is NOT the case here. Bozo had lot's of time to decide not to make that hit.

5 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad