Dirty (?) Hit by Blichfeld Potentially Concusses Mackinnon (suspended 2 games)

Shinjuku Calling

Jun 20, 2017
whats worse is the Avs charmin soft response of doing absolutely nothing and even refusing to comment on it post-game.

Reactions: Weast

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
You're right, it was Mack's fault
lol I never said that. This is no ones fault, it’s an unfortunate play that was completely accidental

Thats a good story. How did you get into fictional writing? Get some edibles before writing for inspiration?

i did smoke earlier today but that’s besides the point

this isn’t a story, you can seriously tell me that you look at that play and see an intentional hit to the head?

lottster14

Feb 10, 2019
Doesn't look intentional or that bad at all. This is also blichfelds first game of the season and like the 5th of his career, don't think he'd be trying to injure Mackinnon

Crazy Joe Divola

Jun 20, 2009
Mac appeared to slow down/cut inside and Blichfeld took a line that did not anticipate that. Bad result but I doubt bad intent.

my read too. Looked like Blichfield was planning to just go to the bench behind Mac but Mac hooked around sharply back up ice right into his path so he ended up with this awkward almost leaning away hit.

Reactions: Alwalys and Quarrth

Baron

Aug 23, 2007
Regardless if intentional or not. That’s a terrible line & angle, and the head was the principal point of contact. even if if he is inept at hitting, you are responsible for your hits and that line was getting head. He’s going to be sitting a game or two.

The insinuation that its Mac’s fault is ridiculous.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
While I don't think the hit was bad, I get why Avs fans are pissed. Let's just hope that MacKinnon is alright and has a very speedy recovery.

Reactions: themelkman

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
How was that even close to dirty? The puck was in vicinity and the initial contact was lined up with his shoulder until they caught a weird angle cause you know, this is hockey.

Look at Mackinnon's movement right before the hit, he see's it coming and pulls back slightly which puts his head in a bad position. Blinchard has the hit timed right if Mackinnon was contiuing the play, if Mackinnon makes a successful evade he's in the clear. The result is bad but there was no intent or head hunting there, 2 players made split second decisions on ice and an accident happened.

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Not dirty just stupid. Penalty was fine. Kid just made a very bad decision trying to establish himself in the lineup.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Not intentional but the result sucks for the Avs. Hope he’s okay.

The game misconduct should suffice but he’ll get suspended.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad