Dirty (?) Hit by Blichfeld Potentially Concusses Mackinnon (suspended 2 games)

LucicAndChong

formerly known as Big Sugar
Jan 22, 2018
Ontario, Canada
100% Not an intentionally Dirty Hit.

Mac is trying to charge down the ice fast but sees Blichfield out of the corner of his eye so he try’s to slow down/stop and absorb or avoid the hit all together

meanwhile Blichfield is aiming a bit infront of Mac because he knows how fast he is

But since Mac slows down and Blichfield already commits to the hit, it ends up like this

Last edited:

MonsterMack

He did the Mack, He did the monster Mack
Sponsor
Aug 28, 2013
Arvada, CO

Mac is trying to charge down the ice fast but sees Blichfield out of the corner of his eye so he try’s to slow down/stop and absorb or avoid the hit all together

meanwhile Blichfield is aiming a bit infront of Mac because he knows how fast he is

But since Mac slows down and Blichfield already commutes to the hit, it ends up like this
You're right, it was Mack's fault

Weast

May 16, 2011
Avs fans are going to be mad which is understandable considering how important he is, but this kind of thing can happen to anyone. Finishing a check and got a weird angle.
Finishing a check? Is that what you call that?

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
It’s definitely to the chin but not the worst hit I’ve ever seen. He got a game misconduct so probably no suspension needed. He should have got his ass kicked for taking a run at a star but it didn’t seem like the Avs had any interest in doing that.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011

But since Mac slows down and Blichfield already commutes to the hit, it ends up like this

Mac appeared to slow down/cut inside and Blichfeld took a line that did not anticipate that. Bad result but I doubt bad intent.

notsocommonsense

Apr 24, 2013
I don’t know if he tried to pick the head there, I suspect he just mistimed his hit

Doesn’t really matter though, he’s responsible for it in the end, clear headshot that should get multiple games. Hope Mack isn’t hurt too badly, that has concussion written all over it

Reactions: MonsterMack

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad