Dirtiest hit you've ever seen by a Leaf player

hockeyfanz*

Roberts hit on Johnson from behind in that same series was worse imo.

Johnson was never the same after that either.

Was shocked Roberts wasn't suspended for it...was the one I was going to mention..Of course at least it was in the course of action but Domi's elbow on Neidermayer was not...after the whistle I believe. Tie Domi was a DB.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Was shocked Roberts wasn't suspended for it...was the one I was going to mention..Of course at least it was in the course of action but Domi's elbow on Neidermayer was not...after the whistle I believe. Tie Domi was a DB.
Domi's elbow was away from the play, but not after the whistle. It actually lead to a good Leafs chance.

Would have been interesting if they scored on the play.

hockeyfanz*

Domi's elbow was away from the play, but not after the whistle. It actually lead to a good Leafs chance.

Would have been interesting if they scored on the play.

Hmmm..I remember it wrong then..I could have swore it was after a whistle and Niedermayer was along the boards waiting for the players to all line up for a faceoff when Domi skated by and dropped him to the ice with a blindside elbow.

Was an extemely cheap shot on one of the best D-men in the game at the time....and really shifted the momentum in the series, IMO. The Leafs had the Devils by the gonads up until then. NJ turned it on after that and Brodeur became super-human.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Not really a hit, but first thing that came to mind was the Domi sucker punch on Samuelsson

was going to post it's up in the air between this sucker punch or the elbow to neids noggin.

from Domi, neither were necessary so it was more shocking that it happened.

Polk High

Sep 9, 2009
85% of these answers will be Domi related.

Going with Neids/Domi. It still angers me.

Yup. Nasty elbow and turned the series around.

Edit: Dirtiest hit by a Leaf player may be the rumoured hit by Corson on Mogilny's wife. Can I write that?

Last edited:

cujoflutie

to clear up some misconceptions about Domi-Niedermeyer
-it was during play
-none of the officials on the ice actually saw it. Believe it or not they actually went to video replay and issued Domi a match based on that
-Toronto tied the series at 2 that game, the leafs wont the next game before losing the next two

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Hey, did anyone ever confirm reports that Niedermayer ended up getting off the stretcher after they hauled him off the ice and walked out of the arena himself?

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Hey, did anyone ever confirm reports that Niedermayer ended up getting off the stretcher after they hauled him off the ice and walked out of the arena himself?

I heard that too, he got up and used a cell phone to call his wife. Whatever the case, Domi had the world's biggest brain cramp.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Yupp, I loved Domi as a kid, he was my favorite played as a young lad. That however was disgusting.

The Samuellson one though, kind of meh when you consider who it was.

Even Domi said in an interview that he was disgusted with himself for it. It was his one regret he stated.

I would say the Tucker charge on Kappanen. I hated the flyers but Kappanen crawling to the bench made me a fan of his. didnt lay down, didnt quit, didnt even know where the bench was. When i think of the leafs i think of Tucker running around at full speed waiting to paste someone who was focussed on playing...hockey.

Muston Atthews

Bunch of Bangerz
Jul 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Even Domi said in an interview that he was disgusted with himself for it. It was his one regret he stated.

I would say the Tucker charge on Kappanen. I hated the flyers but Kappanen crawling to the bench made me a fan of his. didnt lay down, didnt quit, didnt even know where the bench was. When i think of the leafs i think of Tucker running around at full speed waiting to paste someone who was focussed on playing...hockey.

I know the little boys in Edmonton don't know what a hit is but the game of hockey that most teams in the NHL play involves hitting.

Tucker's hit would've (if it is not already) been one of the greatest hits in leafs histroy. One of the "biggest" ever. The outcome afterwards changed that

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: