Dirtiest hit you've ever seen by a Leaf player

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
What is the dirtiest hit you've ever seen a Leaf player make? For me, as far as seeing it live in my lifetime goes, it'd have to be the Domi elbow on Niedermayer in the 2001 playoffs against the Devils. That was gutless, reprehensible, inexcusable, and I have no idea why he did such an idiotic thing.

Jackothy

Jun 10, 2009
85% of these answers will be Domi related.

Going with Neids/Domi. It still angers me.

Yupp, I loved Domi as a kid, he was my favorite played as a young lad. That however was disgusting.

The Samuellson one though, kind of meh when you consider who it was.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Yupp, I loved Domi as a kid, he was my favorite played as a young lad. That however was disgusting.

The Samuellson one though, kind of meh when you consider who it was.

Domi was an idiot as a kid as well.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Maybe Tucker low bridging Peca in the 2002 playoffs should get a mention? Peca was never really the same after that.

Peca made a career out of pushing the boundaries of what could be considered a "legal" hit. At the time, Tucker's hit on Peca was considered legal. I guess this is another example of a player who lives by the sword dying by the sword.

My Sweet Shadow

Sep 5, 2008
Sioux Lookout, ON
Yeah, for my generation at least, the Domi hit jumps from and center. Loved him as a kid, but that was just completely uncalled for.

The Tucker hit on Kapanen in the 2004 playoffs was pretty devastating as well. I don't think he ever got called for anything, but looking back, Kapanen didn't even have the puck yet, Tucker took a healthy run, and it was definitely a headshot IMO (not that that was illegal back then). Makes me cringe every time I see the replay of Kapanen struggling to get to the bench.

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Yeah, for my generation at least, the Domi hit jumps from and center. Loved him as a kid, but that was just completely uncalled for.

The Tucker hit on Kapanen in the 2004 playoffs was pretty devastating as well. I don't think he ever got called for anything, but looking back, Kapanen didn't even have the puck yet, Tucker took a healthy run, and it was definitely a headshot IMO (not that that was illegal back then). Makes me cringe every time I see the replay of Kapanen struggling to get to the bench.
The puck was at Kapenen's feet and he was looking down. Was his fault.

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
What is the dirtiest hit you've ever seen a Leaf player make? For me, as far as seeing it live in my lifetime goes, it'd have to be the Domi elbow on Niedermayer in the 2001 playoffs against the Devils. That was gutless, reprehensible, inexcusable, and I have no idea why he did such an idiotic thing.

Yup.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009

goon doing goon things

TheProspector

Oct 18, 2007
Orlando
Mark Bell on Alfy should probably be considered.

Not a lot of really bad headshots delivered by Leafs over the years, and they're mostly from either Tie or Darcy.

thunderhawk905*

Not a "dirty" hit, but I've always thought the hit Kulemin laid on Kaleta last year was great.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany
    Sweden vs Germany
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $325.00