News Article: Director of player development Rob Ramage's take on several of our top prospects (Not Mailloux threa

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I'm a very liberal/progressive person. And speaking as one, I find the Mailloux controversy to be completely fabricated and nonsensical.

Yes, what he did was wrong ... And he's already been censured for it in the proper channels. Speaking for myself, I don't consider supplemental vigilante justice to be "liberal/progressive".
That. At the draft day, it was already closed to a year that the story happened. He went in court, received a fine, had got meetings to get help about his character . In fact, people here want to punish him harder than he was by a judge ( who got all the details in hands). There was a lot of players that wanted political benefices by taking the role of the outraged person

Reactions: Licou

Yoor

Mar 17, 2015
That. At the draft day, it was already closed to a year that the story happened. He went in court, received a fine, had got meetings to get help about his character . In fact, people here want to punish him harder than he was by a judge ( who got all the details in hands). There was a lot of players that wanted political benefices by taking the role of the outraged person
Exactly...everyone has skeletons in their closets to some degree or another. Obviously some are worse than others. He was disciplined by the law and by the hockey world. Ball is in his court now...let's see what he will do with his second chance. Keyboard warriors leading the charge in cancel culture...common place today unfortunately. Personally I hope he and hopefully other prospects finally break through for the Habs!

Reactions: Guillermo

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
I'm a very liberal/progressive person. And speaking as one, I find the Mailloux controversy to be completely fabricated and nonsensical.

Yes, what he did was wrong ... And he's already been censured for it in the proper channels. Speaking for myself, I don't consider supplemental vigilante justice to be "liberal/progressive".
While I probably agree, this isn't about our views on the matter. It's about today's reality and sensitivity, you need to understand the times you live in.
It's no different than teams understanding the prototypical enforcer, a la Parros, is no longer part of the game, no matter how much you'd want it to be or not.
Mailloux did something, whether you think it's a big deal or not is pretty irrelevant, what matters is that a lot of people do think it's an issue and it creates a lot of bad press both for him and the team.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke

The problem on draft day was that he specifically requested not to be drafted, and Montreal did it anyway. This was what put the oil on the fire.

Reactions: ReginaHabs

jfm133

Nov 6, 2015
Sorry. It is a loud minority that is creating the problem and the fear they create among known people to say the same or shut up. It's an ideological pressure movement at every level. They want a cultural revolution.

Reactions: ZUKI

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
The problem on draft day was that he specifically requested not to be drafted, and Montreal did it anyway. This was what put the oil on the fire.
i don't think so. He didn't want his name to be in the front page but it was already too late

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Sorry. It is a loud minority that is creating the problem and the fear they create among known people to say the same or shut up. It's an ideological pressure movement at every level. They want a cultural revolution.
or a cultural muting blackout :soap:

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He does always come off pretty good . I get the impression that he's probably well liked by the prospects as well. Him, Bouillon and Lapointe are definitely guys I'd like to keep around with the new management.

I'd want them all to go but I'll trust Gorton and Hughes to make the right choices hopefully.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He does always come off pretty good . I get the impression that he's probably well liked by the prospects as well. Him, Bouillon and Lapointe are definitely guys I'd like to keep around with the new management.
As much as I wanted Lapointe gone, each time I hear about Lapointe from person well connected in hockey, it's always extremely positive and he's really respected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad