News Article: Director of player development Rob Ramage's take on several of our top prospects (Not Mailloux threa

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Still the concerning thing is all about defending first.. they still don't value offense at all. You know when you don't need to defend? When you have the puck in the other teams end and they are too exhausted from chasing you to counter attack.
Yup. Like the opposing D playing against the Habs since Ducharme took over. Spend all their shift having Habs players chasing them around and then going for a line change when they finally get out of their zone. So exactly it.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
I didn't see Treb's post. I am going to make my response in Mailloux's thread. Sorry for that mods.

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
Good read, and update on the top 5..............
The Maiiloux pick is still a headscratcher for me.............this is really going to be tough on this kid, as he moves forward, and he will be facing double the media on an ongoing basis....
He will either come out of this a star, or a bust............no in between. I hope he doesn't get crushed by the pressure.
Lets put it that way..if he comes out of the gate playing really well for London, with all the shit that happened, then at that point I would think we have got a Future NHLer.

Reactions: BehindTheTimes

Habricot

Oct 22, 2017
I strongly doubt Mailloux will play a single game here. Montreal is a very liberal/progressive city and the Habs take a big place, if Mailloux dresses, it will for sure cause an uproar.
Send him to a southern state with little fans, like...Arizona..then ya, I could see him play but in Mtl? I just don't see it happen.
You migth be rigth, there is a lot to it that requires a good narrative from the GM and owner. They made a bad decision. They had a chance to own it but they threw the kid under the buss instead. This will change with Gordon and the new GM!

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
It's not a woke suspension. He violated the OHL code of conduct and was suspended justly for it.

We don't need these types of comments here or anywhere else that justify toxic male behavior.
chill ... he was playing in another league, in another country and received a sentence in Court there.
It didn't have anything to do with the OHL . Political action

Reactions: habsfan92

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Wayne Gretzky wasn't a great coach. A good coach can improve players who play better than he ever did. The problem is when you get a coach who was a meh player that tries to make skilled players out of grinders and vice versa.

I think that's why I liked Gainey behind the bench. He accepted guys for what they were and adapted to what he had available on the ice. I felt like he got the most out of his team.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Logan Mailloux Suspension Update | HouseOfHockey.net
Possible the sreal of the draft.

Mailloux and Guhle on the backend in the future. Wow could be quite insane.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I strongly doubt Mailloux will play a single game here. Montreal is a very liberal/progressive city and the Habs take a big place, if Mailloux dresses, it will for sure cause an uproar.
Send him to a southern state with little fans, like...Arizona..then ya, I could see him play but in Mtl? I just don't see it happen.

Yeah, they are going to draft him and take heat for it and then trade him afterwards. :facepalm:. As long as Mailloux does not mess up again, he will be part of our pool and if he develops well, he will play games for the Habs. We're not giving up on him at this point

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Yeah, they are going to draft him and take heat for it and then trade him afterwards. :facepalm:. As long as Mailloux does not mess up again, he will be part of our pool and if he develops well, he will play games for the Habs. We're not giving up on him at this point

I mean...not exactly a novel idea. A prospect getting traded before he ever plays a game in the NHL happens pretty often. We moved Sergachev, McDonaugh, grabbed Suzuki....list goes on and on and on.
Different situation because of the backlash? Meh, different administration.

Sure, they might end up keeping him...but let's pretend like moving him would be such a surprising move.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
I mean...not exactly a novel idea. A prospect getting traded before he ever plays a game in the NHL happens pretty often. We moved Sergachev, McDonaugh, grabbed Suzuki....list goes on and on and on.
Different situation because of the backlash? Meh, different administration.

Sure, they might end up keeping him...but let's pretend like moving him would be such a surprising move.

He'd be much easier to trade if he was a LD. Our current RD prospect pool is extremely slim however. Also Mailloux has more offensive upside than all our D prospects other than perhaps Norlinder.

New administration can now manage Mailloux the hockey player and person without facing the constant backlash that went with MB and TT drafting him.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
He'd be much easier to trade if he was a LD. Our current RD prospect pool is extremely slim however. Also Mailloux has more offensive upside than all our D prospects other than perhaps Norlinder.

New administration can now manage Mailloux the hockey player and person without facing the constant backlash that went with MB and TT drafting him.

I don't think the depth is what matters at this point. This is a new admin who wants to rebuild, so they'll build around whoever they feel is right.
I guess we'll see how he plays back in NA too.

Reactions: amethyst

BehindTheTimes

Jun 24, 2018
I’ve only seen highlights, but from those, kid looks like a player. Hopefully he’s learned from his mistakes and he can be judged for what he does going forward.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Why wasn't Ramage let go already? Gorton comes in and states player development is faulty. I would have asked for his resignation maybe?

Gorton has probably already reached out to ramage to let him know where he stands.

I have no issues with him taking his time on the assessment part of things, and I wouldn't even be surprised if there is no other personnel movement until a GM is hired first.

It's probably not a great look if gorton starts making all these moves, and gives the media some more ammunition into questioning the power of the GM role.

Reactions: vokiel

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

And it's what I said in earlier posts. Some prospects have openly said that Ramage and Bouillon have been communicating a lot with them and Evans has said that he decided to sign with Montreal because he always felt that even if he's a 7th round pick, they made him feel like they cared, and he credited Ramage.

This is why I wouldn't be surprised if Ramage and Bouillon stay and Gorton simply grows the Player Development department.

Renaud Lavoie earlier said that not only will Gorton interview candidates this week, but he will also make the trip to the States and scout and meet some of the prospects in the NCAA. I imagine Jordan Harris is his biggest priority. But in doing so, Gorton could get a good idea on how the prospects feel about the Ramage and Bouillon.

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
I think that's why I liked Gainey behind the bench. He accepted guys for what they were and adapted to what he had available on the ice. I felt like he got the most out of his team.

Huh? He put Laraque on the first line in the playoffs.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Gorton has probably already reached out to ramage to let him know where he stands.

I have no issues with him taking his time on the assessment part of things, and I wouldn't even be surprised if there is no other personnel movement until a GM is hired first.

It's probably not a great look if gorton starts making all these moves, and gives the media some more ammunition into questioning the power of the GM role.
It's a good point, however since the mold is already broken in hiring a hockey guy above the GM, in my mind, there is nothing preventing him from begin the boss and assign/review/hire directors also.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
It's a good point, however since the mold is already broken in hiring a hockey guy above the GM, in my mind, there is nothing preventing him from begin the boss and assign/review/hire directors also.

Yeah, I think Gorton made it clear on his PC that the GM would have final say on stuff like trades. I don't necessarily believe that but that's another topic.

So yes, he could in theory make moves that don't affect the current roster, such as ramage, and it would not be contradicting his own comments. But I still still think its a better optical move to focus on getting a GM first. At least then if they decide to let ramage go, it looks like a collborative decison even if it may not be the case.

You just know there are certain media/political types waiting for any little scrap to push the powerless bilingual GM card.

Reactions: vokiel

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

I'm a very liberal/progressive person. And speaking as one, I find the Mailloux controversy to be completely fabricated and nonsensical.

Yes, what he did was wrong ... And he's already been censured for it in the proper channels. Speaking for myself, I don't consider supplemental vigilante justice to be "liberal/progressive".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad