Blue Jays Discussion: Dioner Navarro: The Anti-JP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
The game tonight doesn't actually piss me off like most of the games lately has. Games like this will happen, we got decent pitching, Hutch just couldn't get out of trouble when someone got on. The offense sucked but that will happen.

It's the embarrassing bullpen implosions that annoy me. Without the ones we've had this year we're easily over .500 with numerous players playing below their potential.

I am pissed off but it's more residual anger from yesterday and the past 2 weeks than because of tonights loss

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Melky xrays were negative. Still think we'll see Gose up soon.

The game tonight doesn't actually piss me off like most of the games lately has. Games like this will happen, we got decent pitching, Hutch just couldn't get out of trouble when someone got on. The offense sucked but that will happen.

It's the embarrassing bullpen implosions that annoy me. Without the ones we've had this year we're easily over .500 with numerous players playing below their potential.

I am pissed off but it's more residual anger from yesterday and the past 2 weeks than because of tonights loss

Ditto. It was a series of excellent pitching on KC's part tonight. I'll take this one to the chest if we stop giving the other team the win like yesterday.

Woodman19

Jun 14, 2008
Like I have said all year, the Jays beat themselves. They are generally always in games but its the constant fundamentals like giving 5-6 free base runners a game via walks that come back to bite us in the ass.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I still don't get how he isn't up already. Like I know I shudder at the thought of losing a useless player like Sierra for nothing, like all the 0 tears I shed when we lost Jeffress. Get him up here already

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I still don't get how he isn't up already. Like I know I shudder at the thought of losing a useless player like Sierra for nothing, like all the 0 tears I shed when we lost Jeffress. Get him up here already

Thats one of AA's worst traits.
He gets obssessed over losing marginal talents and doesnt field the best team possible because of it. That and his total inability to understand that a bench is important. In season roster management has been terrible the past few years.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
On the bright side the starters have all went fairly deep in the last 3 games and I'll assume Buerhle will do the same tomorrow. Lets hope they keep it up, and the bullpens starts sorting itself out if their workload decreases a little. One can only hope.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Thats one of AA's worst traits.
He gets obssessed over losing marginal talents and doesnt field the best team possible because of it. That and his total inability to understand that a bench is important. In season roster management has been terrible the past few years.

I'm surprised he still hasn't learned that a bench is important.

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I'm surprised he still hasn't learned that a bench is important.

Sierra, Diaz, Thole :laugh::laugh:

you-cannot-be-serious-bro.jpg

weems

Jul 3, 2008
The funny thing is everyone ripped on Marlins management for trading away what they did. In hindsight it actually looks like a really prudent move.

J Johnson was downright horrific last season and just had arm surgery.
Reyes is a good player but very injury prone and very expensive.
Buerhle a solid backend starter but crazy expensive.
Bonifacio 2 american league teams gave up on him.

Not saying we lost the trade or im whining about what we gave up but we've got very minimal return on that trade. The funniest thing is Buerhle has been the best asset and he was prolly seen as somewhat of a salary dump (trade talks started off with JJ and Reyes was AA's favorite player).

Marlins actually look like a very exciting young team with 2 of the best young players in the game (Fernandez/Stanton) and solid farm system and no really bad contracts.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Thole has been good though :)

He has been a nice surprise.

The funny thing is everyone ripped on Marlins management for trading away what they did. In hindsight it actually looks like a really prudent move.

J Johnson was downright horrific last season and just had arm surgery.
Reyes is a good player but very injury prone and very expensive.
Buerhle a solid backend starter but crazy expensive.
Bonifacio 2 american league teams gave up on him.

Not saying we lost the trade or im whining about what we gave up but we've got very minimal return on that trade. The funniest thing is Buerhle has been the best asset and he was prolly seen as somewhat of a salary dump (trade talks started off with JJ and Reyes was AA's favorite player).

Marlins actually look like a very exciting young team with 2 of the best young players in the game (Fernandez/Stanton) and solid farm system and no really bad contracts.

Marlins will make the playoffs before the Jays.

Pretty certain Mark was a salary dump. Not sure how the prospects we traded away are doing. Alvarez wouldn't be good in the Al. Hech has not bat.

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
He has no options, Gose has options. AA 'logic'.

Gose is doing poorly too in AAA.

That Halladay trade is horrible right now. Drabek at best will be a reliever, Gose looks like a bench player and TDA we traded away.

Wouldn't say Gose is doing poorly. He's got a 350obp despite the batting average. He'd be used for his defense and base running ability for the most part up here anyway. Agree about the overall value of that deal though. Prospects are always a gamble.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
He has no options, Gose has options. AA 'logic'.

Gose is doing poorly too in AAA.

That Halladay trade is horrible right now. Drabek at best will be a reliever, Gose looks like a bench player and TDA we traded away.

We were losing Halladay regardless so I don't see how the trade was bad.

Schennanigans

Dec 26, 2008
Etobicoke, on
Philly was an elite team at that point, there was no other team that was a better fit for Halladay at the time. We were looking to trade him to a winner and that was philly.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
We don't know all the other options.

If you do, please post them.

Even if that was the best offer, the trade still looks bad.

Halladay was only going to accept a trade to Philadelphia. And what the Jays got was basically 3 of their best 5 prospects. It's a pretty safe assumption that was the best offer the Jays were gonna get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad