Speculation: Dion Phaneuf (job shadowing Shanny, not playing)

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
giphy.gif

LeafGrief

Shambles in my brain
Apr 10, 2015
Ottawa
If they want to give him an office job, sure. We need to get some truculence in wherever we can fit it.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If Robidas can be an asset on the business side, I don't see why Phaneuf can't handle a small role in the organization. Even just a brand ambassador for something youth hockey related seems like a fit.

And it would be nice to see the Leafs follow through for their alumni. Transitioning from athlete to your next career isn't easy. And as fans we always note that players should consider taking a discount with the Leafs because MLSE can take care of them after they retire, doing something hockey related, keeping busy, getting a paycheck.

Reactions: ronzigato

Dingle

summer is gone
Nov 22, 2019
Wow are you guys hard on him

He was a slow skater and relatively early in his career, they took out the red line, which hurt him even more.
then he gets to TO, at a low point in the teams history, by virtue of his private life, he is cast into the spot light.
He is given a contract that reflected the panic of management at the time. They didn't have to give it too him!

I don't remember him ever acting up. Or being anything other than good in the community.

to be fair, the flak he gets is not altogether proportional.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Probably in town and paying a visit to Shanny. Dion couldn't keep up with the leafs when they traded him. One could only imagine how slow and terrible he is defensively now.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
You are arguing that Marincin is worse than one of the worst d-men to play in the league even before this old player was sent packing, likely never to return, and you think he's the one with the ridiculous bias?

I don't usually LOL. But LOL.

Dion Phaneuf one of the worst dman to play in the league..? The man was unreal in Calgary and despite the flack he took here in Toronto he was pretty steady.

then he went on to Ottawa had a couple good years including being a big part of their Eastern Conference run.

people on this board love to shit on anyone and everyone

Reactions: Mansfield

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
You know what...good for him that he is looking at his next step beyond his hockey career, and is looking to learn and gain some knowledge in some executive capacity. To do so with the Leafs should be considered a compliment to the team's braintrust.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Dion Phaneuf one of the worst dman to play in the league..? The man was unreal in Calgary and despite the flack he took here in Toronto he was pretty steady.

then he went on to Ottawa had a couple good years including being a big part of their Eastern Conference run.

people on this board love to **** on anyone and everyone
Sorry, it should have said in the last few years there.

Over his career, that would be a ludicrous statement, I agree.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

The Iceman

Sep 22, 2007
Dressing Room Music Consultant job?

Anything that gets Bieber off their playlist and puts Metallica is good to me.... they can all use a good dose of pregame piss off.

Dion's biggest contribution from his Leafs tenure, you might be on to something...
“I wouldn’t say I came into our dressing room and took over the music,” Phaneuf said, responding to quips from coach Ron Wilson and other players about Phaneuf plugging his iPod into the dressing room sound system within minutes of arriving. “I put my iPod on. So far I haven’t had any complaints. I play a bit of everything, but my favourite group is the Tragically Hip.”

Mckay

I find your lack of gravy disturbing.
Mar 5, 2014
Canada
With the way some of you treat the players, it’s a wonder anyone would want to play in Toronto.

Reactions: Duckrider

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad