Dion Phaneuf Appreciation Thread

UnknownNasty

Oct 5, 2014
Everyone expected the flashy player we all saw in Calgary, but he just lost a step for some reason. However, to his credit, he still managed to be a steady defenseman (despite his occasional lapses) who was really misused. He was unfairly used as a whipping boy by almost every Toronto sports journalist and by almost every fan, which was ******** because he was a great player and an even better guy overall. I will always appreciate the fact that Dion took all the abuse for years and he did not complain a single time. Phaneuf will definitely be missed here, I'll always respect him and I can honestly say that he is my favourite non-Leafs player despite playing for the Senators. I wish him luck in the future and I hope Ottawa treats him well.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I'm really glad we traded him, but... thanks for everything Dion, you were a class act :handclap:

This has to be my favourite Dion moment from his Leaf career.

Lebanese Leaf

Sep 19, 2009
Toronto, ON
Thank you for this thread. I hope he gets the proper reception when he returns, Dion was nothing but class for us and a worthy captain during a shtity era of this franchise. Respect to him, and all the best with the Sens.

lastnotice

Jun 23, 2010
sad to see him go...esp after how he played this year under Babs. Gonna miss his hits. Never a good day when your captain is traded.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00