Dion Phaneuf Appreciation Thread

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I thought this was an appreciation thread? Some of the comments don't really fit that criteria.

Will miss his slapper from the point. Like Kessel, it's a real shame we couldn't surround these guys with some more talent.

That's because some people think they are being edgy, when they are just being ignorant.

I'll miss his open ice hits and his effort level, he always seemed to try hard and he seemed to be well liked.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
That's because some people think they are being edgy, when they are just being ignorant.

I'll miss his open ice hits and his effort level, he always seemed to try hard and he seemed to be well liked.

Good call. Best Leaf hitter in the last 10 years probably.

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
Thanks for reminding me that the Leafs didn't come prepared to play during many post-game interviews.

Thanks for the era that saw Leafs fans throw waffles and their jerseys on the ice. Glad its over.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
He worked hard and gave it his all

His contract and ability is another story.

i1

Nov 10, 2011
Newfoundland
Very good defenseman who had the unfortunate task of captaining a high profile lottery team for six years.

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
I never liked Phaneuf although I think he got a lot of unwarranted hate. Won't pretend that I'm sad to see him go, but he was a stand up guy and deserves praise for what he endured here.

Really happy he's going to the bad guys tho :)

Bye Dion.

Dustin

Sep 24, 2014
Can someone post his stats while a Leaf? Can't access a computer right now.

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006
Nothing but respect for Dion.

And he's a perfect addition for Ottawa - he'll be a very nice upgrade for them as a #2/3 guy in all situations.

I agree.

I respect Dion, he played through some bad times here and was a decent Captain.

Ottawa got a good defenseman and leader, I think he will be good for the Sens and will be a great addition for them.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Alright. We know his contract, we know the moments of brain dead-ness

However, Phaneuf was a leader, he was a straight up guy, and a damn good player for us.

Wish him all the best. Just don't catch Marner or Nylander with their heads down please.

Nothing more needs to be said.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Good luck dion! You were great at times ! And awful at times. Overall he was decent player for us but by far one of the worst captains in leafs history if not worst

Always heavily misused even by Babcock. Really would of liked to see that clapper on the pp more from him

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
Diceman and I can just delete our HF accounts now

waits for it.......

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Can someone post his stats while a Leaf? Can't access a computer right now.

Regular Season
423 games played
45 goals
151 assists
598 PIMs

Playoffs
Seven Games
1 goal
3 assists
6 PIMs

mikebel111*

Wasnt anywhere near the pylon or worst captain in franchise history.
He was a good player who like Kessel was given a role that they simply weren't capable of holding. Thats not their fault. Blame our horrible management team in the past for that.
Dion was a real solid player. One of the biggest hitters in the NHL who for the most part did his job real well. He has mentored Rielly and Gardiner and made them better D men.
He is a guy that will be missed as he was a good leader on and off the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad