Dion Phaneuf: All Phaneuf Discussion Here

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
nope. and the only reason why the Penguins announced it was because someone found out he was having surgery. i don;t think that comes out at all if the wrist surgery didn't come out.

knowing or not knowing someone is injured isn't my problem. MY problem is - playing through an injury to the point where it is 100 percent hampering your play. sit down. and rest up. i would rather take the chance that we can eek out a win and you are getting better, vs. losing game after game because whatever injury you have is preventing you from doing your job well.

Playing through pain shows character. It's a true Leader trait.

Post 1000, someone hurry and start a new one.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
But then the critics would say "all players play through their injuries during this time of year" and lampoon Phaneuf's leadership and me-first attitude.

Bolland, inexplicably, went through the same thing with some posters on here.

i will take claim on this one - my thing with Bolland was if he was cleared to play - but someone really broke it down for me. (and he came back and sucked). quite frankly, i don't care what the critics say either. sure - in the playoffs - it's a horse of a different colour. but people are going to be critical either way - again I'd rather the player be criticised - and is healthy FOR a cup run (or whatever) because he sat out - then miss the playoffs and is criticised because he sucked (due to injury or whatever) is that makes sense.

TheThrill81*

Playing through pain shows character. It's a true Leader trait.

Our fanbase has mixed feelings on what leadership means. Apparently Sundin wasn't a leader for waiving his NTC, and now Phaneuf isn't a leader because he'd rather play through pain. Gotta love Leafs Nation, our fans are so clueless at times it makes you cringe.

gabeliscious

Jan 8, 2009
okay - and what would you trade him for?
picks?
prospect?

as of right now we'd probably have to give up a pick + retain salary due to all the questions surrounding him & his play. i don't see how that helps us either right now.

:laugh:

Dion will not be traded and if he was salary would not need to be retained, same with adding a draft pick.

i think if nonis/shanny could get the right return they would move phaneuf in a second. i think shannahan knows what leadership is and knows there needs to be a change in toronto. the only way to change the captain diplomatically is to trade the captain. i also think shanny wants to tank and trading phaneuf would basically ensure we are a bottom 5 team.

the hiccup in the plan is that they wont give him away so he needs to get something back of value.

in my dream world phaneuf + holland to aves for ror + 2nd rounder.

ror is young so he will be around for the proper rebuild and whatever he does for the forwards wont be enough next year to cover for our putrid defense.

lupul-ror-kessel
jvr-bozak-kadri
komrorov-kontiola-clarkson
frattin-santorelli-brodie

gardiner-franson
rielly-robidas
granberg-percy

bernier
reimer

^^^ should be good enough for bottom 5 pick. with a little luck-mcadvid/eichle>>>profit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad