Dinamo Riga 2019/20 - Did not make the playoffs (again, probably!)

rohky

Jun 17, 2019
Reading
According to media Boris Mironov will become the new head coach of Dynamo Riga. Peteris Skudra, who previously headed Torpedo and Traktor, was in the race to lead Dinamo but according to media, some people in the club do not want to see him in the team. Does anyone know the reason why?

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Boris has done well with his limited amount of Head Coach time in the VHL and MHL so good luck to him.

I have no knowledge of why Skudra might be overlooked but surely some of our members might have more details

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Skudra is officially in.

Any developments about the upcoming season for Dinamo? I'll be in Riga unless the virus blocks the move so I'd love to follow them (hopefully in the arena) in the new season but given their recent past I'm not even sure if it is worth expecting anything from this team.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Skudra is officially in.

Any developments about the upcoming season for Dinamo? I'll be in Riga unless the virus blocks the move so I'd love to follow them (hopefully in the arena) in the new season but given their recent past I'm not even sure if it is worth expecting anything from this team.

Look like they'll have to play in Russia.

San128dis

Jun 26, 2020
I like the oldschool desing!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1595324421567.jpg
    FB_IMG_1595324421567.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 9
  • FB_IMG_1595324404196.jpg
    FB_IMG_1595324404196.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 9

TheWhiskeyThief

Dec 24, 2017
I like the oldschool desing!
What’s old school about it? What does it they’ll me about Dynamo, or Riga? Asides from the color scheme, how would I know where they play?

It’s just a 3rd rate version of the LA Kings current logo, which is 3rd rate to begin with.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
I really like the jerseys they shown on the youtube review, nice and plain and the colours. The logo looked decent on the jersey. The logo looks pretty cheap in general to me though. I prefer the old one!

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Imports rarely get that kind of treatment in Riga though. Also considering they have also signed a couple of washed-up Russians Komarek definitely isn't going to be the first in line to face the wrath of fans.

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Skudra is officially in.

Word is we are playing in St Petersburg, which is probably why we signed the extra few Russian players.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Word is we are playing in St Petersburg, which is probably why we signed the extra few Russian players.

Lol, nobody in Russia (and especially in SPb) cares about those players, but I think they are good enough to deepen your roster (which was a big problem in previous seasons), they are of decent quality, it's just with hard cap and COVID problems other KHL teams don't want them.

Reactions: Rigafan

Rigafan

Jul 28, 2016
Europe
Lol, nobody in Russia (and especially in SPb) cares about those players, but I think they are good enough to deepen your roster (which was a big problem in previous seasons), they are of decent quality, it's just with hard cap and COVID problems other KHL teams don't want them.

I am under no illusions of the quality of the extra Russian players, it's Riga afterall! I just mean that Riga usually signs 1 or two Russians because of the fans back in Latvia, now we are playing IN Russia they probably don't want to send the whole Team Latvia like they usually do.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I am under no illusions of the quality of the extra Russian players, it's Riga afterall! I just mean that Riga usually signs 1 or two Russians because of the fans back in Latvia, now we are playing IN Russia they probably don't want to send the whole Team Latvia like they usually do.

I think, they are just better, than Latvian players they could sign instead.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The team, roster-wise, actually looks very solid this year. I don't think those friendlies are much of an indication of anything.

Darzins-Komarek-Indrasis
White-Mitchell-Lipon
Dzierkals-Chernov-Parshin
Redlihs-??-Meija

That's clearly the best F group this team had in ages. Defense, especially if Maione can start playing again, looks pretty great as well. Goaltending is iffy but still not the worst of things.

And it's still a possibility they get Dzerins for that ?? spot. Or Balcers joins if AHL goes boom for good this year.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Throw away a 3-0 lead in the 3rd and lose the game. Welcome to Riga season 20-21!
Reminded me of that loss to Avangard in whichever season that was when Cervenka killed Dinamo in the end, they scored 2 with an extra attacker too.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wonder if Skudra is trying to get himself fired on purpose by starting a kid who hasn't made even Latvian junior teams at any level in goal. Would seem like the only reasonable explanation.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad