Dinamo Riga 2015/2016 Thread

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
I hope we wont need a miracle comback against Minsk on monday :D The good news is that our offense seems to be clicking right now and thats what matters

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Great planning having the next home game November 24! Would've been interesting to see how the recent games would've affected the attendance..

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Did you do that again after this last game?

No, I don't have energy to jump off twice in three days. What do I look like, a marathon runner? A hockey player? Breathing makes me feel tired. No. One jump a month is enough. Riga can comeback as many times as they like, but I won't get excited once more.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
Question about Jurciks, was he a fan inspired mascot who was hired by the club or is he an employee of the club (at all) etc. ?

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Leino is a useless,lazy bum get him off this team ASAP and replace him with someone who actually WANTS to play hockey,not just skate around for 60 minutes

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Question about Jurciks, was he a fan inspired mascot who was hired by the club or is he an employee of the club (at all) etc. ?

He was a fan who started going to the games with his mask in the first season and became a fan favourite, so the team adopted him as sort of a second mascot after that (although I'm not sure if he gets any sort of salary or just free tickets). They put on a campaign a few years ago to find him a new identical mask since the old one was falling apart with all the use.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
He was a fan who started going to the games with his mask in the first season and became a fan favourite, so the team adopted him as sort of a second mascot after that (although I'm not sure if he gets any sort of salary or just free tickets). They put on a campaign a few years ago to find him a new identical mask since the old one was falling apart with all the use.

Prior to Dinamo Riga, for a couple of years he was the face of ASK/Ogre (in an identical capacity), now a defunct team that used to play in Latvian league as well as Belarusian league at some point.

f35d_bd2f_2009_0220_354.jpg

He is sometimes seen at HK Kurbads (Latvian league team that also is based in Ogre) games from time to time, yet last time I saw him was during the playoff semifinals vs. Liepaja, when he was thrown out of the arena for being too drunk.

GX

Dec 28, 2011
Does the Riga Arena has any standing room during hockey matches?

Yes, at the very top of the arena. They release those tickets only when they are rather sure the seats will be sold-out, though, so that hasn't happened for a while.

Uskoton

Nov 16, 2015
Manchester, England
So we can now see that this years lineup isn't going to do us anything good :( I wasn't impressed with the import signings, stated already there are far better ones out there.. maybe it's a money issue? You can see the impact because Arena Riga is half empty most games, what a shame!

Why hasn't Ozo come back to the team in some form yet? Perfect bit of publicity isn't it?

Tikai Riga!

ellja3

May 19, 2014
Ķekava, Latvia
So we can now see that this years lineup isn't going to do us anything good :( I wasn't impressed with the import signings, stated already there are far better ones out there.. maybe it's a money issue? You can see the impact because Arena Riga is half empty most games, what a shame!

Why hasn't Ozo come back to the team in some form yet? Perfect bit of publicity isn't it?

Tikai Riga!

Publicity - yes; bench presence - yes... But last season he played there were way more turnovers than created plays + the dude deserves a rest; regardless of fact that KHL is miles away from NHL level of physicality - no.. Just no.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
Watching the game against Torpedo,wow we are BAD,i mean i know we have already given up on PO a long time ago,but jesus,have some self respect....

GX

Dec 28, 2011
So, Heikkila is gone. Sejejs as interim head coach.

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Riga should get together with the LHF and split the cost of hiring Nolan for both Dinamo and the national team. Sejejs has proved that he has a knack for picking up economical under-the-radar North American imports, so he should stick with that and avoid the Euro scrubs next season (if they can scrape together the funds for one). Today's moves, and those of the last few weeks come much too late to make any difference. At this point it's all about dumping salaries, not salvaging the season.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
Is there any problem for Dinamo financially? I mean, the team has been having a bad season and many teams in KHL now have problems, probably Medvescak and Sochi being trending teams. Could you say that, "No, no problem; the team will just stay in KHL, there is nothing wrong" or something else?

v-man

Apr 19, 2006
Toronto
www.ivories.ca
Is there any problem for Dinamo financially? I mean, the team has been having a bad season and many teams in KHL now have problems, probably Medvescak and Sochi being trending teams. Could you say that, "No, no problem; the team will just stay in KHL, there is nothing wrong" or something else?

They've always been dependent on Russian oil money for the majority of their financing. With the international sanctions against Russia for their involvement in Ukraine and the sharp devaluation of the ruble, there was uncertainty if that traditional financing would come through for a European nation - it wasn't known until nearly the last minute if they'd be able to field a team this year. From what I've read they've had relatively little issues with late payments unlike other clubs who are majorly in arrears to players and other creditors.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad