Dinamo Riga 2015/2016 Thread

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/dinamo_riga/08072015-galvins_pec_divu_sezonu_prombutnes_atgrie

So with the addition of Galviņš our roster i would think it looks something like this

Lauris Dārziņš-??-??
??-Brock Trotter-??
Rodrigo Ābols-Māris Bičevskis-Roberts Bukarts(?)
??-??-??

Krišjānis Rēdlihs-Tomaš Kundratek
Steven Saigo-??
Aleksandrs Jerofejevs-??

Sedlaček
Ericsson

What a god awful lineup. But its only July,lets see what happens next.
If Indrašis doesnt impress at the Islanders camp and Kulda being a free agent doesnt cross the pond both of them could be good additions to this team.

kulenova seka

http://sportacentrs.com/hokejs/dinamo_riga/08072015-galvins_pec_divu_sezonu_prombutnes_atgrie

So with the addition of GalviņÅ¡ our roster i would think it looks something like this

Lauris DārziņÅ¡-??-??
??-Brock Trotter-??
Rodrigo Ābols-Māris Bičevskis-Roberts Bukarts(?)
??-??-??

KriÅ¡jānis Rēdlihs-TomaÅ¡ Kundratek
Steven Saigo-??
Aleksandrs Jerofejevs-??

Sedlaček
Ericsson

What a god awful lineup. But its only July,lets see what happens next.
If Indrašis doesnt impress at the Islanders camp and Kulda being a free agent doesnt cross the pond both of them could be good additions to this team.

If that is any consolation to you, you can always look at MedveÅ¡čak's lineup:laugh::laugh:

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
If that is any consolation to you, you can always look at Medveščak's lineup:laugh::laugh:

Yeah it looks like a complete race to the bottom but unlike NHL there is no prize the big question now is which of our teams is gonna be the bigger basement dweller in Western conference :laugh:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wouldn't say the line-up is god awful since, at this point, there really is no line-up. Goalies are the only position Riga is set and they look ok.

Rihis

Mar 24, 2013
http://www.dinamoriga.lv/lv/zinas/visas-zinas/dinamo-riga-pagarina-ligumus-ar-cibulski-un-sotnieku
With Sotnieks and Cibulskis extended, defence is pretty much set for next year

K.Rēdlihs - Kundratek
GalviņÅ¡ - Seigo
Sotnieks - Jerofejevs
Cibuļskis

Don't know much about imports, but i think defence doesn't look that much worse than last years.

Now the chance to make playoffs really depends on what forwards we will be able to sign. I'd love to see at least two foreign centers, I don't want to see DžeriņÅ¡ near top 6, and maybe a winger.

There's still bunch of guys in the pre-season camp, as much i could tell from some pictures, like K.Jass, BērziņÅ¡, E.Kulda, Bajarūns, Jekimovs and other, who might have a shot at getting a contract.

DārziņÅ¡ - ? - M.Rēdlihs
Trotter - ? - ?
Bukarts - DžeriņÅ¡ - Meija
? - M.Bičevskis - Saulietis

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
To be honest looking at our coaching staff i`m not feeling too confident. I really don`t trust Hekila, or any Finnish coach for that matter,with the disaster that was Rautakallio. And recent interviews seem to be indicating Heikila is a similiar coach to Rautakallio.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I really don`t trust Hekila, or any Finnish coach for that matter,with the disaster that was Rautakallio.

How was he a disaster though? Had two god-awful rosters and made play-offs with one of them. Not a disaster at all in my book.

Out of those in the camp, really wish Riga would sign Jekimovs and Kulda. One deserves to get his career back on track since it's fallen of the cliff completely at this point, the other would be really interesting to see playing in the KHL.

BalticWarrior

Apr 28, 2012
Riga
How was he a disaster though? Had two god-awful rosters and made play-offs with one of them. Not a disaster at all in my book.

Out of those in the camp, really wish Riga would sign Jekimovs and Kulda. One deserves to get his career back on track since it's fallen of the cliff completely at this point, the other would be really interesting to see playing in the KHL.

God awful rosters? Well not really if you compare to the previous years when we made playoffs. The problem with Rautkallio was that he absolutley refused to acknowledge that aggressive forecheck hockey just doesnt work on international ice size,not at this level anyhow.

I mean all it takes is one skilled opponent d man to make a great outlet pass or 2-3 nifty passes breaking out of their own zone to make your forecheck look stupid since players have way more time and space to make plays comparing to say NHL. As we dont have superstars like Kovy or Mozyakin on our squad we need to stick to what works- 1-4 neutral zone trap and praying for a turnover.:laugh:

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
There seems to be a problem with the rosters on the KHL website. It is showing players that are now playing in NA but that were drafted by KHL teams. For example, we can see Mika Zibanejad and Teuvo Teravainen on Loko's roster, Elias Lindholm on SKA's, etc.

geri

Jan 21, 2015
Vienna&DelrayBeachFL
There seems to be a problem with the rosters on the KHL website. It is showing players that are now playing in NA but that were drafted by KHL teams. For example, we can see Mika Zibanejad and Teuvo Teravainen on Loko's roster, Elias Lindholm on SKA's, etc.
yes, not 100 % correct as well with slovan:
showing still hudacek (already left to scandinavia), but shows reway as new member (would be great),.. mainly new players are shown correctly

Chileiceman

Dec 14, 2004
Toronto
I alwyas liked Ville Leino. He was a very useful player a few years ago, he showed a lot of creativity in Philadelphia. And then I just don't know what happened. I cannot recall such a fast decline in a player.

Hopefully he can get his game back on track at the KHL level. How did he look in Zagreb last season?

thoves

Apr 18, 2012
So..

Sedlacek/Eriksson

Redlihs/Kundratek
Galvins/Seigo
Sotnieks/Jeroferevs
Cibulskis

Darzins/Schutz/Indrasis
Leino/Sestito/Redlihs
(Bukarts/Abols)/Dzerins/Meija
(Bukarts/Abols)/Bicevskis/Saulietis

Something like that, and what do we think about that.. And Where could Kulda/Jekimovs fit in?

Last edited:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
4th line LW was only spot Kulda could realistically take all along so he might still do that. Just let Abols play in the MHL some more.

malkinfan

Aug 20, 2006
Canada
So..

Sedlacek/Eriksson

Redlihs/Kundratek
Galvins/Seigo
Sotnieks/Jeroferevs
Cibulskis

Darzins/Schutz/Indrasis
Leino/Sestito/Redlihs
(Bukarts/Abols)/Dzerins/Meija
(Bukarts/Abols)/Bicevskis/Saulietis

Something like that, and what do we think about that.. And Where could Kulda/Jekimovs fit in?

A little soft on the D, other than that, looks good

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I alwyas liked Ville Leino. He was a very useful player a few years ago, he showed a lot of creativity in Philadelphia. And then I just don't know what happened. I cannot recall such a fast decline in a player.

Hopefully he can get his game back on track at the KHL level. How did he look in Zagreb last season?
Sabres wanted him as center and their game system didnt help centers who wants to keep the puck and have it when entering offense. Then just nothing seemed to work and Leino had also that big injury. He just lost his confidence totally in Buffalo.

Ville said that is good that he can start with the new team (Riga) already in beginning of the season. Zagreb case wasn't that.

If Ville can get his old game back, or even close he could be a helluva pick from Riga.

bishonen91

Jun 22, 2012
He was terrible in Zagreb.

He had flashes of skill, but other than that he looked uninterested

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad